nylon string acoustic guitar

yves vanmeenen

Inspired
Does anyone have experience with hooking up a nylon acoustic guitar with the axe fx 2?
I a kind of like the Yamaha slg200n . anyone ever tried that one in combination with the Axe? or would that be a bad idea? The Godin encore is also a possibility ....I guess.
Goal in the end is to use it on stage so at high volume in gigs where we do not us e a PA system.

I use a German built nylon guitar equipped with an RMC-pickup - best sound I've ever had. And it can get loud!

Yamaha C40, with bone nut & saddle and a Fishman Matrix Infinity piezo in the bridge. I use it with Fishman Aura IRs in the Axe-Fx II and it sounds great. An O-Port can help in reducing feedback with the acoustic chamber and other amplified instruments.

For an amazing recorded sound, it's good to mix with a single mic over the high frets.

My rig was Nylon guitar -> Fishman Aura Spectrum pedal -> Fractal.

It was easier and sounded better for me to use the external pedal. (I've got the FIshman and Momma Bear IR's for the Fractal too).

I changed my acoustic rig though. It don't use the Fractal.

Guitar -> Fishman Aura -> TC VoiceLive 3

I use the VoiceLive in my rig anyway. It also has the BodyRez algo in it that sounds good. I did give up the amazing Fractal EFX though. The trade off is less kit for me.

Carvin CL450 (has a Fishman acoustic matrix pickup) into the Axe. I did a tone match of the guitar to itself using a condenser mic. Eventually I'll try to get a better tone match, though.

Kind of a different direction, but I recently started using a Fender VG American Strat (2007 model) that has the Roland synth module aboard and it does a nice job of covering the steel and nylon string stuff I need. I am a 95% electric guy, but it is really nice to turn a knob and bam! acoustic. I mention it here only as an option, and because it works very well with the AX8 and XL+ on some regular settings for amps like the Deluxe, Twin, and Ruby Rocket. You can get full on electric guitar loud with no feedback like you would on a standard acoustic. I don't think it would fool a nylon aficionado, but if you need to get electric/acoustic/single/humbucking/sitar all in one place, it's a fun tool.

Just another option! No hijacking the thread here :)

I use a Godin Multiac nylon string into the axe and it sounds great. Same model as Larry is playing and as you can see in his video, it's great into the axe. I have some fingerstyle blues examples on soundcloud with links on here somewhere. Search my past threads if you want to hear that.

I now use the VoiceLive 3 Extreme when playing live solely for convenience. It plays my backing tracks for me and automates my vocal and guitar effect switching and the audience can't tell the difference anyway. Guitar players can, but it's lost on everyone else. :)

I use a Godin Multiac nylon string into the axe and it sounds great. Same model as Larry is playing and as you can see in his video, it's great into the axe. I have some fingerstyle blues examples on soundcloud with links on here somewhere. Search my past threads if you want to hear that.

I now use the VoiceLive 3 Extreme when playing live solely for convenience. It plays my backing tracks for me and automates my vocal and guitar effect switching and the audience can't tell the difference anyway. Guitar players can, but it's lost on everyone else. :)

VoiceLive3 is my acoustic rig also. I really love it. It's more than good enough for acoustic live for me.

Back
Top Bottom