Nut sauce

walnutzz

Inspired
Stupid question, but does anyone that uses nut sauce use an applicator other than what comes with the product? I find the smallest one doesn't last more than a couple applications on the high strings, so looking for a home remedy or 3rd-party fix. Thanks.

I have use nut sauce and it last quite many times.
Instead nut sauce you can use also graphite (from pencil)
Just scrape some graphite with blade and use that graphite powder.

I have the larger Nut Sauce in the syringe, and it's lasted a few years, with quite a lot left. Doesn't take much to do the job....

Thanks for the responses. I only use a tiny bit and have plenty left. I'm referring to the small plastic applicators with the soft tip. I've been using the smallest one for the 1st two strings, since that's where I have most of my issues, but it's very flimsy and doesn't take much to wear down. I'll try just using the string to work it into the slots a little better, as suggested. Thanks!

I’ve never used the applicator. I string it up. Move each string aside, one at a time putting a very small dab in/on the slot, move the string back in the slot then finish tuning. Then I wipe it all down.
IIRC, YT instructional videos suggest this is the correct method...

I did for a few years … heck it’s on the bench here. But now I find that a properly cut nut is simply better/no fuss. $7 Tusq drop-in from PRS. Ymmv.

IMG_0800.jpeg

I tried this...

Amazon product ASIN B01MPX0994
And it seems to be as good as nut sauce. I actually put some of this product back into the syringe.

I try to place the string into the lubricated slot, when it is near proper tension. So that all the lubricant doesn't move out of the slot, as the string is being tuned up.
Yup. This is what I current use for slot juice. The dental flossers are a neat pro tip I'll remember; they're just not for tennis balls or kiwi anymore...

Back
Top Bottom