Numeric Pad idea for Axe FX!

nicolasrivera

Fractal Fanatic
Maybe you guys have wish at one moment for a better presets selection solution then the value wheel and this idea is nothing more then just a way to use the existing bottoms as a numeric pad option.

Cliff, can this be posible to code and integrate in future firmwares, if not please consider it for the Axe FX III.

What do you think guys?

Cheers.

It sure would help with the clutter and organization which is something I am trying to get improved in the Axe Edit as well so yeah man great idea.

Thanks.

I didn't include the decimal because we don't have decimal presets right? or maybe i just haven't figure out why the decimal could be useful.

Please elaborate guys on the decimal!

Thanks.

Problem is that it's only useful if you've memorized or listed the numbers of your common presets.

Well, i don't see it as a problem because right now its no different, you have to know where your presets. This is nothing new, its been use by keyboardist for ages accessing the keyboard stored sounds.

Dont underestimate the power of memory.

I was seeing the keypad as a way to enter exact parameter values like a TC 2290 or Eventide Eclipse rather than spinning the wheel. A lot of parameters need the decimal point.

Great! that would be nice if it could be integrated that deep!. Maybe the DOT could be at the # bottom since its planed to be a one second push once its in numeric mode a single press would be the DOT.

Thanks.!

Back
Top Bottom