Number of threads in a "New Posts" search

Roland

Experienced
A measure of Fractal's success is that the forum has got a lot busier. It used to be that I could come on here once a day, hit "New Posts", and see 24 hours activity across all the sections. Nowadays there are far more than 100 posts each day, and I can no longer do that. I know that it has an impact on server workload, but how about increasing the number of threads in the "New Posts" search, say to 200?

+1 to all these kinds of rants ;)

It's a shame they are going el cheapo on this kind of thing...

For me or anyone interested (in archiving interesting info for themselves and/or the community), the worst is you can't search back more than a few dozen posts on the interesting contributors (or anyone), AFAIK. Me nor people like yek can do this in one go, IMO. Sometimes you discover new interesting people or you have some time to research deeper into known ones.

You don't see this restriction on many forums, I think...

Last edited:
A measure of Fractal's success is that the forum has got a lot busier. It used to be that I could come on here once a day, hit "New Posts", and see 24 hours activity across all the sections. Nowadays there are far more than 100 posts each day, and I can no longer do that. I know that it has an impact on server workload, but how about increasing the number of threads in the "New Posts" search, say to 200?

+1

Back
Top Bottom