Nuf Said

Live From Daryl's House is one of the few things on TV worth watching anymore, IMO.

I saw this the other day. Loved the drummer - I thought he killed it. But, then, I'm a sucker for a shuffle.

Daryl ruuuules. I'd love to get some of that food, fame or no fame. Did I hear Billy Gibbons say
he uses .007 strings???

Last edited:
That show is killer.. The only problem have with it is that it is starting to become a promotional cooking show.

I am a total metal head, don't get me wrong... I remember being in Belgium for the first time a couple years ago. I dealt with getting robbed in Liege where I lost my passport and about 700 Euro's. I had a harsh day and night dealing with getting my passport taken care of and a hell of a lot of stress. I got fucked up that night at this place called The Coffin Bar. I was awake @ about 7:00AM in the Grand Place in Brussles and I heard Hall an Oates coming form a little funky breakfast area. I went up to my hotel and downloaded the greatest hits and listened to it all day drinking beer and walking all over the place. It reminded me of watching Kevin Smith say something like "I don't care who you are... You get home and put on that band.. It bring you home... They are the shit!" It was one of my fondest memories and I will never forget the nostalgic feeling it gave me.

Then I flew into Frankfurt... Fuck that airport.

-Nate

Last edited:
I can barely handle 9's any more. My hand hurts.

Getting old is not for the weak.

Yep. I recently dropped my Strat from 11's to 10's due to joint pain from bending. Big strings are a young man's game. :) I never thought I'd go back to 9's, but I can totally see that happening in a few more years.

Watching the full show with Billy Gibbons tonight. That drummer is locked in. Dude just lays down a beat.

The thing that I notice about Billy is that his songs don't have a bunch of fancy guitar work, but the licks are melodic, memorable, and timeless. The genius of it for him (not that I think he planned it) is that he can still play these songs in his advanced years, shall we say. Shredding is a young man's game. :)

Back
Top Bottom