NPGD

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
New Purple Guitar Day!

My wife was stressing because she couldn't find anything for me as a Christmas present. She says, "don't you have any guitar you're looking at?"

I said, "well, I've got about 20 on my watch list!" :)

Anyway, she told me that I should choose one and go for it. No need to tell me twice!

Submitted an offer and got a quick response at a nice price.

Hopefully it will arrive by Christmas, but we'll see.

This is my first Kiesel - a 2023 Delos.

2A299217-0F21-45E5-9FDB-CA3A51E23E09.jpeg

I think it will fit in nicely with my purple Anderson Drop Top and my purple Suhr Modern ;)

New Purple Guitar Day!

My wife was stressing because she couldn't find anything for me as a Christmas present. She says, "don't you have any guitar you're looking at?"

Anyway, she told me that I should choose one and go for it. No need to tell me twice!

View attachment 131482

I think it will fit in nicely with my purple Anderson Drop Top and my purple Suhr Modern ;)
Purty!

New Purple Guitar Day!

View attachment 131482

Is that the company that used to be Carvin guitars? I remember drooling over the idea of getting a custom-spec'ed guitar from them back in the '80s and '90s. Never could afford it, but it was fun to dream....

Is that the company that used to be Carvin guitars? I remember drooling over the idea of getting a custom-spec'ed guitar from them back in the '80s and '90s. Never could afford it, but it was fun to dream....
I had Carvin build two guitars for me in the 2010's. The first was an HH2X, the headless Holdsworth semi-hollowbody, and a DC800 8-string.Both very good guitars.

Looking forward to a sneak preview on Friday when it's expected to arrive... But I will have to respect the gift aspect and leave it be until Christmas day :)
Let me know what you think. I got a Jason Becker yin yang guitar. It looks great but I hate the neck 100% - too thin for my liking. Also, I had to take it in to have the truss rod adjusted and a few frets had some high spots. That purple Strat sure looks purdy though!

I have two Andersons and a Suhr inbound (June 2025 o_O). The Andersons are absolutely amazing guitars.

Nice fiddle man! I like my both of my Carvins they play really good! I visited Keisel a few years back and played on a Delos they are a nice playing guitar for sure. That top has a great quilt to it as well!

Specs?

Let me know what you think. I got a Jason Becker yin yang guitar. It looks great but I hate the neck 100% - too thin for my liking. Also, I had to take it in to have the truss rod adjusted and a few frets had some high spots. That purple Strat sure looks purdy though!

I have two Andersons and a Suhr inbound (June 2025 o_O). The Andersons are absolutely amazing guitars.
Yeah... It is their Standard neck profile, which I think is a C shape .76-.88".

Definitely not as thin as a Wizard, closer to the Charvel neck thickness. We will see when it arrives.

Edit:

And yes, Andersons and Suhrs are very, very nice!

Back
Top Bottom