NPD/NGD Gibsunday content

Budda

Axe-Master
4C2188B4-1579-4954-8B86-EFF109BF7EDF.jpeg

(My guitars, friends photo)

New pickup day. For no reason aside from “why not” my R9 has been a pickup test bed of sorts. Some of you may recognize the name Mike Turk from MLP and Mark’s Guitar Loft. He has started winding again and since he’s relatively local I figured I would try his 2022 PAFs out. Double white didnt come together as planned, and I have covers if the zebra starts to irk me. These will be a bit fatter sounding than the vineham royals previously installed, but Im more curious about any character changes. Yes there will be clips!

NGD: 2003 SG Special off kijiji. Seller said its a fatter neck and a little heavier (just over 7lb). I havent owned an SG yet and hoping this is a longer term item.

Listen here

Last edited:
View attachment 111745

(My guitars, friends photo)

New pickup day. For no reason aside from “why not” my R9 has been a pickup test bed of sorts. Some of you may recognize the name Mike Turk from MLP and Mark’s Guitar Loft. He has started winding again and since he’s relatively local I figured I would try his 2022 PAFs out. Double white didnt come together as planned, and I have covers if the zebra starts to irk me. These will be a bit fatter sounding than the vineham royals previously installed, but Im more curious about any character changes. Yes there will be clips!

NGD: 2003 SG Special off kijiji. Seller said its a fatter neck and a little heavier (just over 7lb). I havent owned an SG yet and hoping this is a longer term item.

Picking the pair up this afternoon.
Very nice - congrats!

First impressions are good. Balanced well on the strap and the neck isnt too thin. Definitely more D than C but not instant “you wanna buy it off me?” lol. Trial phase starts tonight.

The zebras look great on that guitar with the white pickup rings, binding and pickguard. Double white would look real nice too but the zebras add a little rock and roll "zucchini down the pant leg".

If the SG is beefy, might I suggest some (slightly) fat strings, C standard tuning, and a trip Into the Void?

The zebras look great on that guitar with the white pickup rings, binding and pickguard. Double white would look real nice too but the zebras add a little rock and roll "zucchini down the pant leg".

If the SG is beefy, might I suggest some (slightly) fat strings, C standard tuning, and a trip Into the Void?
Very close - probably B standard. 11-54 if I can find a set.

Nice, I use EB Beefy Slinky sets in that gauge for my Hello Kitty Strat that I tune to C.
Havent had good luck with slinkies in my time. D’addario makes a 11-54 XL without a wound third, its just not a regular stock item.

Back
Top Bottom