...now that I have two DXR10s...The Enhancer

vkinetic

Inspired
I apologise - I should have searched the forum before posting this. I have found some answers to my questions and some help in using the enhancer. However I would still like to hear from others using their AX8 live in stereo and they're experience with the enhancer and other stereo effects.

My original post:

Just had to get another one of these incredible speakers and go stereo, of course. I know there has been discussion about the downside of going stereo in big spaces, but my band only plays in pubs and clubs and the stages are not very big (if there is one at all!).

But I wanted to get a bigger sound, more spread if you like, and so I'm playing with the enhancer block. If anyone has experience in using the enhancer effectively live I'd be very grateful for any advice you can give me. For example - where is the best place to put the enhancer in a preset?

Also if others have any suggestions in using other effects in a stereo configuration that would be great.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I use it at the end, 100% wide, but it might be unnecessary. Also sound great after the cab block before wet fx.

I often use a dry signal out as well, and a separate wet fx path. Sounds great to me

I often use a dry signal out as well, and a separate wet fx path. Sounds great to me

Thanks again FarleyUK. I don't quite understand what you mean - can you explain the routing of this (the dry goes out of what to where, and the wet fx goes from where to where?) - I am presuming you're referring to physical outs. Or do you mean you're taking a split from the chain within the preset so you have a dry path and a wet path which are then mixed at the output?

Thanks again FarleyUK. I don't quite understand what you mean - can you explain the routing of this (the dry goes out of what to where, and the wet fx goes from where to where?) - I am presuming you're referring to physical outs. Or do you mean you're taking a split from the chain within the preset so you have a dry path and a wet path which are then mixed at the output?

You take one path direct from after the cab, on path one. That's the dry path, with nothing on it.

Then add a second path on path 3 to the output that has all wet fx on it, but the mix of each must be 100% to get the full effect. Use the block volume to set the effect level.

I used to use it, but not anymore. I always use stereo cabs - so I don't know that the enhancer adds much more than what two different cabs would in the cab block. As a matter of fact, if you already have stereo cabs, then the (modern - I would never use classic) enhancer is going to take pieces of each side and send it to the other side, somewhat reducing the stereo effect that you were getting from the different cabs, albeit in the different way.

You take one path direct from after the cab, on path one. That's the dry path, with nothing on it.

Then add a second path on path 3 to the output that has all wet fx on it, but the mix of each must be 100% to get the full effect. Use the block volume to set the effect level.

Thanks for explaining FarleyUK

Back
Top Bottom