Notaklon (by JHS Pedals)

fcs101

Axe-Master
JHS Pedals recently announced the "Notaklon" pedal. It's a sort of IKEA meets guitar pedal concept. Pretty cool and seems like it sounds great for $99. He posted a follow up vid saying the initial production run was 3K units and they had to up that to 20K due to demand. I'll pass b/c it would just sit and collect dust but it might tickle someone's fancy.

JHS Pedals recently announced the "Notaklon" pedal. It's a sort of IKEA meets guitar pedal concept. Pretty cool and seems like it sounds great for $99. He posted a follow up vid saying the initial production run was 3K units and they had to up that to 20K due to demand. I'll pass b/c it would just sit and collect dust but it might tickle someone's fancy.

I’m like you I think it’s really cool also but I really don’t need one. But I have to say it is tempting just because it really does look cool to put one together.

I was thinking maybe Cliff should add one, but we already have this flexibility and way more. Sorted ;)
Well we have the Klon modeled now (after much asking). I tried it but wasn't all that impressed. I'm thinking that Cliff must have been saying something by saying nothing for so long.

I’m like you I think it’s really cool also but I really don’t need one. But I have to say it is tempting just because it really does look cool to put one together.
I'm thinking a great Christmas gift idea possibly. Also it's probably the most budget friendly route for that drive capability just in case someone absolutely had to have one. I'm no "Klon connoisseur" but people are reviewing this left and right with good results. Joshua Scott also has an excellent reputation in the pedal world.

If I wasn't completely satisfied with what the Axe-Fx brings to the table, I'd be all over this kit. I like the easy DIY concept.

I never really understood the infatuation with the Klon pedals, but after Cliff added his take of it into the AFX, it's become my most-used drive block. Prior to hearing it, I almost never used a drive in my signal chain, but now I've found some instances where I do prefer it to bumping up an amp's gain (or just using a different amp).

Mine should be here tomorrow, Did I need it no probably but it looks fun to put together and I have a collection of pedals anyway so why not. I also have a Friedman IR-X showing up today and might throw together a board for fun and for something different.

Back
Top Bottom