[not possible] Save & Restore custom layouts onboard

Paulinfl

Inspired
Here's a wish for the FM9 which seems very useful IMO if it can be done.

The wish is to be able to store a couple of our own Custom Layouts Sets onboard and be able to restore them like we can the onboard factory layout sets without the Editor.

I often create a layout "package" set for live performances based on bands I'm working with. Per-preset is great but I like to alter the layout maps for my needs at the time. Also, sometimes I side chain an FC6 performing with the FM9, depending on what I need.

I also love using the OMG9 with my own slight tweaks from the factory setup sometimes. I back these up via my computer and load/unload them that way. However, I'd love to be able to recall these at any time whether my PC is hooked up or not.

Is there any way we could get one or two storage slots to store our layouts onboard for easy stand-alone recovery? This would be useful for all the Fractal current-gen devices. I'd use it on all if possible.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
This has been requested in the past IIRC.

Similarly, on my FM3+FC6 I use a custom layout that was originally based on OMG9 on my FM3. It fits my brain and needs better than the stock OMG9. The strength of the FM3+FC6 is that I can choose to not use the FC6 and switch the FM3 to its default factory layout if I need it to fit into a smaller floor space, but then I'm hosed if I want to return to my layout when I switch back to using the FC6. That's a PITA when traveling if I don't have a way to connect to a computer.

Even having one slot for storing a custom layout would be wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom