[not possible] Ignore redundant PC for the MIDI block

sarge

Power User
Would like the ability to have the Midi block NOT send a PC on a scene change if the scene it is coming from sent that same PC value.

This would be a big help when interfacing with external gear.

I may be wrong, but this seems like low hanging fruit! Especially given the similar functionality on the midi input.

That's actually a downstream product request; the receiving device needs to handle ignoring redundancy (or not) of incoming messages -- just like the FM9 itself can (and the Axe-Fx, FM3, etc.)

That's actually a downstream product request; the receiving device needs to handle ignoring redundancy (or not) of incoming messages -- just like the FM9 itself can (and the Axe-Fx, FM3, etc.)
Yeah, but other products come out with updates once an election cycle...
But you're not wrong
(And I actually sent this request to them as well and got crickets)
:)

Outside AXE/FM9 there often much less intelligent MIDI-controlled devices, that have no basic MIDI functions (such as "ignore redundant PC"), so they continually reload presets causing audio artifacts and gaps (yes... I'm the "gapless guy"... :)).

We might consider compensating that with the migthy CPU power we have on AXE/FM9.

I would like my FAS devices to soon conquer soon the director role also in MIDI domain, like they already are on the audio domain.
The MIDI box is a very powerful brick on this direction, IMHO there's few other things needed, in a rack AXE first, like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom