[not possible] Bypass Amp and cab per output

rmbaylin

Inspired
I'd like the ability to selectively bypass the amps and/or cabs by output block.

Example being output 1 has the entire chain with an Amp and cab block in the middle.

At the end of the chain we have 2 output blocks - output-1 and output-3. In the preset page or using a global setting you could set 'output 3 bypass amps' and another setting 'ouput 3 bypass cabinets'.

Problem solved - output 1 to the FOH, output 3 to the stage tube amp without the amp and cab modeling..

Am I missing something to easily accomplish this and keep my signal chain intact in the order I want it? Seems the only way is to place the amp and cab at the end, or double all the post efx blocks.

I'd like the ability to selectively bypass the amps and/or cabs by output block.

Example being output 1 has the entire chain with an Amp and cab block in the middle.

At the end of the chain we have 2 output blocks - output-1 and output-3. In the preset page or using a global setting you could set 'output 3 bypass amps' and another setting 'ouput 3 bypass cabinets'.

Problem solved - output 1 to the FOH, output 3 to the stage tube amp without the amp and cab modeling..

Am I missing something to easily accomplish this and keep my signal chain intact in the order I want it? Seems the only way is to place the amp and cab at the end, or double all the post efx blocks.

You're not missing anything. Unless the amp and cab are at the end of the chain, you'll have to double the post efx blocks. A block can't have two simultaneous distinct inputs.

P. 33 in the manual is the typical FOH+Amp and guitar cab on the backline layout. It assumes a neutral power-amp, not a guitar amp, but has a suggestion for a dual-amp layout in the grid for use with a tube amp with the signal going into the power-amp in. I think you'd still have to double up on the post-amp effects as @GlennO said, and you'd need to turn off power-amp modeling on the Amp block sending to the backline.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom