Not impressed with Suhr or their dealers (a rant)

I'd be more than pissed if the shit that happened to you happened to me.

As a matter of fact, I do not think I would have shown as much restrain as you have.

I have a lot of respect for all Suhr products but there's simply no way an apology, discount or a pedal will make things okay. They might be a band-aid for the wound but it still leaves a scar.

When promises are being broken and then validated by simply explaining their own mistakes it is in fact a confession that their company is not perfect and they have problems in building their products. There is no way around that. "We're dealing with organic materials" etc. are not the customer's problem. They shouldn't need to know this. Simply don't make promises you can not keep. Promising a quick build is false marketing and if you don't keep your marketing promises the deal is a scam. Sorry but made in USA does not change that. You are still people just like everyone else.

I have a lot of respect for all Suhr products but there's simply no way an apology, discount or a pedal will make things okay. They might be a band-aid for the wound but it still leaves a scar.

When promises are being broken and then validated by simply explaining their own mistakes it is in fact a confession that their company is not perfect and they have problems in building their products. There is no way around that. "We're dealing with organic materials" etc. are not the customer's problem. They shouldn't need to know this. Simply don't make promises you can not keep. Promising a quick build is false marketing and if you don't keep your marketing promises the deal is a scam. Sorry but made in USA does not change that. You are still people just like everyone else.

For god's sake man, get over it! It doesn't sound like there's anything anyone can do to help you...your wound is sooooo DEEP. OMG. Get on with your life...

No, Suhr is not perfect. As a small business owner, I'm a stickler for process, and ensuring that things get done right. But you know what? Everyone that works for my business is HUMAN...we make mistakes...yes...I said it, we make mistakes, and when we do, all that can be done is to man-up, apologize, and try to make it right. Which is EXACTLY what John has done.

For god's sake man, get over it! It doesn't sound like there's anything anyone can do to help you...your wound is sooooo DEEP. OMG. Get on with your life...

No, Suhr is not perfect. As a small business owner, I'm a stickler for process, and ensuring that things get done right. But you know what? Everyone that works for my business is HUMAN...we make mistakes...yes...I said it, we make mistakes, and when we do, all that can be done is to man-up, apologize, and try to make it right. Which is EXACTLY what John has done.

It wasn't his wound. That's the irony of this whole thread.

More like I should plan what to play. :D I'm still embarrassed about the random noodling I do there. About the tuning though... I was doing crazy trem bar stuff to prove how they keep tune. So that shows that the EBMM wasn't as good at it as the other ones were. :D But seriously they're all perfect for that.

About the Suhr thing. Personally I don't like the fact that they don't have their own designs. To me they make copies of Fender and Ibanez but in the US by hand so they cost more. Kind of doesn't make a lot of sense if you really think about it. But they sound great.

So your beloved PRS is an original design free of influence from long standing guitar companies--say Gibson?

Bias much?

Im sure why ended up with . For me the selling point , was from what I’ve read in the forums and word on the street . When I buy a guitar I want something that fits these 3 criteria’s and that is how good and stable the instrument can stay in tune , 2nd I’d check for playability , and 3rd I would go the time the guitar can produce , and I believe John Suhr creates each guitar to fit this criteria from what I’m reading . I’ve never played a suhr guitar , but am about to order one in the next week brand new , because the claims being made on his guitars are abundant and seems to meet all : criteria’s . Also I’ve been watching YouTube video demos of a lot of Suhr Guitars vs fenders and other known names and I can hear the tone like someone took a blanket off my iPhone compared to the fenders being played . At the end of the day it’s all down to preference .

Every Suhr I've heard a clip of sounds like a resonant bell, but they all look like completely generic strats, it sounds like the neck is a tube of wood. Also, every warmoth guitar I've ever heard a clip of sounds like a sledgehammer, and they are all frankenstein abominations.

No, I mean every clip of a suhr I've heard, it resonates like crazy, in a good way. It sounds like the neck is hollow or something, it resonates the same way an SC245 does, don't know why.

Back
Top Bottom