Not happy with CPU room

Just trying to put some perspective on it....but hey-----your the guru obviously. Your reply will be.........That was a joke....uh.no it wasn't, I was trying to let you know that it is possible...but of course you then have to understand the equipment and not just complain about it in every post you make.

It was a joke. Chill. Complain in every post? Nope

I can't see I firmware update to solve the cpu lower capacity...
I think that we will all have to handle it the way it is or go back do the AxeFXII.
The mainly reason I purchased the Fx8 was to use just a pedalboard and not a rack case.

Well let's see the future... :pride:

Hi-Res reverb through the power amp of a Mesa head and presumably then into a standard speaker cab seems a bit counter-productive to me.

Hook that FX8 up to an AxeFX though ...... fill your boots!

Just think, if you did that, you also would have an "instant" back up rig all the time......

Hi Tremonti.. Just fell on to this thread as I'm thinking of getting the fx8. To use with a Two Rock Sensor rig which I'm really
digging at this time. I have an axe fx xl which I'm kind of hoping in some respects I maybe able to move on once I get to grips
with the fx8. But now I'm not so sure this is the way to go. I have been using the Axe fx with the Two rock and it sounds great
but I keep thinking it's overkill and I'm not using the Amps and cabs etc... So I was wondering where you were at this time.. Thanks Jonny

Hi Tremonti.. Just fell on to this thread as I'm thinking of getting the fx8. To use with a Two Rock Sensor rig which I'm really
digging at this time. I have an axe fx xl which I'm kind of hoping in some respects I maybe able to move on once I get to grips
with the fx8. But now I'm not so sure this is the way to go. I have been using the Axe fx with the Two rock and it sounds great
but I keep thinking it's overkill and I'm not using the Amps and cabs etc... So I was wondering where you were at this time.. Thanks Jonny

I haven't hooked up my new bestronics cables for relay switching and humbuster use and honestly waiting for update to say anything. Cliff mentioned major over haul coming including CPU savings of 10% or so. My first thought is over kill is great...gives you more than you need...then when you need "more" it's there. I'd keep Axe Fx personally. That is nothing against the FX8 either.

I keep seeing this CPU problem coming up and wondering if it would affect me. I think my needs are probably simpler than most but maybe not.

I think most of my patches would be variations on this chain:

Comp -> Wah -> Phaser -> Drive -> Harmonizer -> Chorus -> Solo Boost -> Delay

I don't foresee needing reverb much as I have that effect in my amplifier. And if I do, Spring reverb is fine. But I do like Fuzz, which I think is more CPU intensive than other drives. And I will occasionally want Multi Delay and Intelligent Pitch Shifting.

Do you think the FX8 can run patches like this?

I keep seeing this CPU problem coming up and wondering if it would affect me. I think my needs are probably simpler than most but maybe not.

I think most of my patches would be variations on this chain:

Comp -> Wah -> Phaser -> Drive -> Harmonizer -> Chorus -> Solo Boost -> Delay

I don't foresee needing reverb much as I have that effect in my amplifier. And if I do, Spring reverb is fine. But I do like Fuzz, which I think is more CPU intensive than other drives. And I will occasionally want Multi Delay and Intelligent Pitch Shifting.

Do you think the FX8 can run patches like this?

absolutely.

Missing my MFC101....LOVED that layout. A super Fractal FX pedal ...

Here's what when through my head when I read that far.... (something is off kilter, I know)....

A super Fractal FX pedal expialidocious...

Damn Mary Poppins...

Even though the sound of it is not nearly atrocious. Turn the reverb down a rez and you will sound precocious with your super fractal fx pedal expealidocious!

Reactions: Rex
Seems as though it's too easy to run out of CPU space on the FX8. Really wish a bigger capacity was available as I run into ideas that I just can't do. As I await my EVH 5150 III 100 watt head to really give this puppy a real shot, I'm starting to think I'll miss the Axe Fx II, which I sold. We will see.....

You complain a lot. Why did you buy the fx8 if you don't like it? Not trying to be mean and I'll probably take some hits but it's true. The fx8 is a incredible piece of technology.
What more do you want? Cliff can't pull rabbits out of a hat every time someone doesn't like something. Put things into perspective.

You complain a lot. Why did you buy the fx8 if you don't like it? Not trying to be mean and I'll probably take some hits but it's true. The fx8 is a incredible piece of technology.
What more do you want? Cliff can't pull rabbits out of a hat every time someone doesn't like something. Put things into perspective.

Read my other posts in this thread before you attack me sir. And if my complaint wasn't real....then why did Cliff just free up 10% CPU for the FX8?????!!!!!

Also if you read other threads you would see I don't complain a lot. Some things I point out....this is a forum right? Discussion happens. Don't like that, then go elsewhere. Also, how would I know if I liked something BEFORE I bought it???

Sick of the personal attacks on here. I have been a Fractal faithful and defender for 7 years and helped sell a bunch of these units. BACK TFO!

Last edited:
And on that productive note...........One barely used FX8 for sale.......Face it brother, you are hard to please and impatient.

Try and enjoy you XL+ and MFC this time:eagerness:

And on that productive note...........One barely used FX8 for sale.......Face it brother, you are hard to please and impatient. Try and enjoy you XL+ and MFC this time:eagerness:

Glad we have detectives like you

Glad we have detectives like you

On a serius note, didnt you know beforehand that the FX8 did not have the same power as the Axe FX IIXL? i mean, if you are trying to replicate the same kind of presets you where doing in the AXEFX you would have had t know the CPU was going to peek sooner.

On a serius note, didnt you know beforehand that the FX8 did not have the same power as the Axe FX IIXL? i mean, if you are trying to replicate the same kind of presets you where doing in the AXEFX you would have had t know the CPU was going to peek sooner.
Was quite aware that it did not. My resort to list had nothing to do with cpu....I'm not even sure I will sell....just starting the process in case I do decide to run back to Axe Fx II.

Last edited:
How do you think the unit would handle replicating some of Gimour's rig on a song say like Run like hell, with compressor, tube drive, two delays, a chorus or rotary to get swirly stereo effect, a multitap delay with filter. Would it run out of CPU? MY Ultra can do it, but it sounds like the FX8 may struggle?

Back
Top Bottom