Not enough output out the Axe Fx 2

eljodon

Experienced
I'm plugging the Axe Fx 2 output 1 and 2 into the DI input of one of my Chandler Limited TG 2 preamp which goes into an SSL compressor and eq then into the analog input of a Digidesign 192 io, a signal chain that I use a lot,and I have to turn the TG2 preamp to more than half and the Axe Fx 2's volume to around 6 to get enough level for recording. I have the pad in the io page at 0, but I remember being able to get a decent level with out having to crank both TG2 and Axe Fx 2. The TG2 has a lot of input gain and when I'm running other gear through the DI input I get a ton of gain. Any ideas why is this happening? I'm using FW 18.07. Thanks

why Output 1 and 2?

have you tried different cables?

the firmware shouldn't make a difference.

on the Front Panel Utility Status menu, it shows vertical VU meters - when you play guitar, how much does the Output meter fill up? 3/4? 1/2?

Thanks for your quick response. I always used output 1 and 2(actually 1 L & R) since the "ultra days". I also tried different cables. I usually use the Axe Fx 2 with a Mesa 2 90 and I get plenty of power as I always have and I know it's not my preamps because I get tons of gain from everything else. I'll check the meters and see what I'm getting in the meters. I know that the Fw doesn't make a difference, it's just a habit to give out as much info as I can.I did reset the Axe F 2 after upgrading.

I know that the Fw doesn't make a difference, it's just a habit to give out as much info as I can.
thanks. i was simply saying/confirming that the FW version shouldn't cause this to happen.

please call it Output 1 Left and Right. saying "Output 1 and 2" means a completely different thing.

My apologies, I haven't looked at the back of the Axe Fx 2 in awhile since everything is racked and pre plugged!Thank you again. I will check out the meters when I go to my studio and report back.

Do you have the global out for 1 and 2 turned down? I always find that there are 50 ways to turn the volume up without changing the sound and then alot that do. So theres gotta be something

Also, check out the scene/preset main volume slider in the output block. And check the global EQ settings.

The Axe has plenty of output volume. In fact, it only takes output 1 volume knob at 10'o'clock to turn the preamp fader on the mixing desk all the way down and still get a 0dB signal.

Back
Top Bottom