Not able to install driver

drezdin

I'm trying to install the AXE FX II audio drivers on my laptop. When installing the driver I get this error message.
Error: Driver Install Error Code: -1073741674

I also received this number on my last try

I have windows 7 that has been updated to SP1.
I can manually the install the driver so that it will work, but the ASIO driver is not installed this way and midi will not work.

Could someone help me with this please.

Last edited:
I just installed on Windows 7 no problems.

But I ran the driver installer first. Then plugged in the AxeII when I was prompted to do so.

Also, if you have loaded the driver previously, use the same USB physical port as before. I believe Windows 7 has an issue, at least it does for me, if I try to run from a different laptop physical port, once I have them loaded.

Richard

Is your Win system language based on English?
If so, try manually installed the driver (the old windows xp way to install driver, you know?)

Is your Win system language based on English?
If so, try manually installed the driver (the old windows xp way to install driver, you know?)

Yes it is English.
I can install the driver manually, but it does not seem to install the asio driver and the midi is not working. Is there a way to manually install those?

I've tried everything I can think of.
Uninstalling /Reinstalling
Manually moving the files.
Cleaning my registry.
I don't really want to have to buy an interface since I only need to be able to record a couple channels and use midi, but the latency without the ASIO drivers is pretty bad.

Probably I can help you, yesterday I had a similar issue.
I have extended the 5 meter USB 2.0 cable with an active 5 meter extender.
I have reconnceted everything and I have used the same USB Port, but for windows
it seems to be like a new device, because it requires to install newly the driver.
I did it as usual, but after opening AXE Edit, I get no connection. I changed the port,
Windows found new device, installed driver, but no conncetion in AXE Edit.
I have deinstalled the driver and device completely, same procedure, no connection.

Last I tried and solved it as following:
During driver installation procedure, once Windows will ask you to install driver automatic
or manually, I have choosen manually, than I get 2 possibilities: USB device or AXE FX II,
I have marked AXE FX II and confirmed with ok, and afterwards everything worked again.

Well I am still on Windows XP SP2....

I hope it helps....

Thanks for the suggestions M_Maron. That is similar to how I was able to install the drivers manually, but my issue really is with the install not completing because I really need the asio driver to work for this.

Back
Top Bottom