Not a good start

MKeditor

Experienced
Hi guys,

I bought the MFC-101 about a year ago but it has been sitting in the box and have never even plugged it in....until today. The first thing I did was upgraded the firmware to 2.02. Now I can't get it to do anything. When I turn it on the screen reads:

Bank 000: 000-254

The UP and DOWN LEDs are on and green. Button #3 LED blinks green. Regardless of what button I push nothing happens...except if I:

1) press button #8. This makes the LED of button #3 stop blinking and now is just on (green).

2) press button #7. This causes the LED of button #3 stop blinking and is just on (green) AND the screen now reads "ALT". This is the only thing that changes the screen.

I can't enter into edit mode or set up. All of this is just with the power adapter powering the controller with nothing else connected.

I resent the firmware for good measure and rebooted several times but no change. I've emailed Fractal.

What am I missing here? Thanks.

Fractal had me do a factory reset. Bingo. I read about the reset but didn't think it would necessary since I've never used it. I can't imagine what it could have possibly rest to....but all I care is that it works. Hopefully this will be helpful if anyone else runs into this.

Problem solved.

Now to figure how to program it. Oh joy.

In the update notes it says that older firmware versions require a factory reset before upgrading. Glad it's working for you though!

It's actually pretty easy to program IMO, but that doesn't mean I'm not anxiously awaiting the day Fractal provides a PC editor for the MFC. While it's easy enough to program, it can be tedious and time consuming with all the navigation and button pressing.

Back
Top Bottom