[Not a bug] interesting Looper experience - not sure if this is intended

dschaaf

Experienced
I have a looper block in one preset, which is a clean and mellow Fender'ish type preset. I left the looper running (did not press stop) and went to another preset that I forgot had a "looper block" in it and it was a far more aggressive Orange/CitrusRV50 based preset and it started playing what had been originally recorded on the other preset through the now loaded Citrus preset and just about blew my head off :)

Not sure if this is the intended behaviour?

Thanks,
D

I have a looper block in one preset, which is a clean and mellow Fender'ish type preset. I left the looper running (did not press stop) and went to another preset that I forgot had a "looper block" in it and it was a far more aggressive Orange/CitrusRV50 based preset and it started playing what had been originally recorded on the other preset through the now loaded Citrus preset and just about blew my head off :)

Thanks,
D
Yes it is the intended behavior

If you don't want this to happen, put your looper block near the end of the chain. The looper records the sounds at which ever spot it is in the chain. If it is before the amp, then changing amp model will result in a very different tone! As you experienced.

Thanks,
D
Not sure what part you are referring to as not intended.

If a preset has a Looper and is playing, changing to another preset with a Looper continues the loop. This makes sense so you can loop in a clean preset then change to a lead preset to play over.

If you’re referring to the part where the tone changes, the Looper only plays what was recorded into it. That playback then travels through any blocks after it. If the Looper is before any amp or similar blocks, it doesn't record those blocks since it’s before it. The Looper never “heard” the amp block.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, yes I think the 2nd preset mentioned above had the looper towards the beginning of the chain whereas the original preset with the recorded loop had it at the end. It makes sense that the looper carry on across presets, I was originally thinking it was a looper block.... unique to that preset, the same way an amp block is unique to that preset and so what I experienced was unexpected but makes sense that it is supposed to function that way.

Thanks,
D

Back
Top Bottom