noob questions

rcretar

Long time lurker here, but finally got my Axe yesterday. So after scrolling through the stock presets and downloading the Singtall Super pack(angelic choir in the background). Figured I'd check out axechange...bit of a letdown. Not many presets for ultra. Did I miss something or is that it on axechange? Mostly do P&W(and plan on letting my son use it as well, P&W,skillet, thousand foot crutch type stuff). I started out with a rocktron chameleon(back in the day when it was cool to have a rack and ripped tight jeans!),then a prophesy, and for the last few years a POD X3live. So I'm no stranger to building presets, but I find it quicker to find something close to my needs and tweak(silly wife,let's have kids!). I plan on getting my core tones and effects built first, then introduce my fcb1010/uno(never should have sold my x-15!) and work on controls. So after all that, any tips, tricks, presets, cab IRS, anyone can suggest I'll take. Thanks and wish my luck in my journey(oh, yeah AND teaching a 14 year old how this stuff works!)

Thanks!!

Thanks, I'll look through them. Already been looking through the wiki, the ultra and axe2 discussion pages.
I feel like Ralphy and his Red Ryder BB gun! Good thing the Axe can't shoot my eye out!

You can also look in the Ultra/Std recordings and presets portion of the forum, there's about 1800 threads in the presets section, and should be a bunch more in the recordings area. The Ultra was the best of the best for several years, so a lot of nice presets were built up over that time. Many, many are still in use every day so you know these guys are still cooking up new tones. Post in the Ultra forums if you are looking for a specific tone, I'm sure you'll get a hand with something close.

Welcome to the Fractal group!

Thanks a ton Rick! I've been playing,watching football and reading through the massive quantities of pages in the ultra presets pages. Some of the older links are dead, but I've been getting some good starting points. And WOW what a difference from my x3l. The amps are soooo much more responsive, and the effects are a dream! I don't even want to imagine what the 2 plays like!

It's just more of a good thing. I loved my Ultra, and wouldn't want to go back to the old one amp setup... and I had some great amps! You've got a great unit to build up some awesome sounding presets. Take your time and have fun. Almost 3 years in now and still learning new stuff all the time.

Back
Top Bottom