Noob question

Conflict

Inspired
Bought a midi to Usb lead to go from the axe to the pc, It is showing at the top that there is no connection between unit and pc.
The lead was a £14.99 cable from maplins in the uk.
Am i doing something wrong or is it a compatability issue with thtis lead, if so any ideas what i need to get cracking as i have just purchased redwirez and want to get them on the unit :(

Here is the lead link.

Play.com - Buy USB to MIDI Interface Cable For Musical Keyboard to PC online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

The midi light is iluminated nut the in and our lights are off?

It's showing at the top of what that there's no connection? The Axe Edit application? You're using that right? Have you gone to settings in the Axe Edit? Then you set up the midi ins and outs. That would probably do it.

Yeah you have to change the MIDI settings in axe edit. Make sure that both MIDI's are set to Axe Fx. Also, have you installed the driver for the Axe FX? Without it, your computer wont be able to talk to it regardless of having the software.

Are we talking AFX2 or a Gen 1 unit? it makes a difference. There are no drivers required for gen 1 units as the drivers are for the USB interface.

if its the Gen 1 unit Im not even sure if you can use a USB/Midi conversion. I havent heard of anyone doing so - but I never tried it and could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom