Noob Question - AX-8 Routing

zaulkin

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to connect the AX-8 so that one output goes to a clean amp, and another output is sent to an FRFR speaker? I'd prefer not to have them on at the same time. How would you do this?

Patch 1: Clean tone, amp/cab modeling turned off, output signal is sent into a clean amp only.
Patch 2: Distorted tone, amp/cab modeling turned on, output signal is sent into a FRFR speaker only.

I don't own an AX-8 so I can't just scroll through the menus to answer this question, but I'd like to know if this can be done. I just prefer the sound of a clean amp in the room.

Thanks in advance!

Paranoid is right. The effects loop block accesses output 2. You can set the various switching configurations up as scenes within the same patch, so you don't have to set it up as two different patches for clean and distortion.

For example, I am doing something similar in a patch that I am working for a music theater show. I am using a Variax to play banjo, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar. Each scene sets the configuration for each instrument. No amps or cabs for the acoustic guitar and banjo with just some reverb and parametric EQ for the acoustic. Then, a Fender Vibroverb with a 2x10 cab with a touch of reverb for the electric guitar. I am all clean, but you could easily sub another amp and cab for your distorted tone. You can also use the X/Y states of the effects blocks as well with in the same patch. The advantage of this approach is there is no switching delay like there would be with a patch switch.

Back
Top Bottom