Noob question about bypass

guitarjim

Experienced
Sorry for the beginner question, but I've only had my unit for all of 24 hours. I read the manual cover-to-cover, and I read everything about bypass at least 5 times, but I'm still unclear on it. Specifically, I am learning by fiddling around with the factory presets and other patches, many of which have one or more blocks in Bypass Mode. Note that I am on the waiting list for the MFC and I do not have any pedals/switches attached to the unit.

Try as I might, I can not figure out how to remove the Bypass setting. I've tried everything mentioned in the manual, but I'm clearly missing something easy.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

You mean how to 'un-bypass' a bypassed block in a preset? In the layout menu, move the cursor over the bypassed block and press the 'Fx Bypass' button on the front panel :)

When you're on the preset you wish to fiddle with, hit edit ... hit layout to get into the view that shows the blocks and what order they're in. Use the navigation buttons to select the block you want to activate/deactivate and hit the FX bypass option. You should be golden :)

Thanks guys. Sorry for wasting your time. I was pressing the BYPASS button instead of the FX BYP button. :eek:ops

Is there a way to delete this thread so that my stupidity isn't memorialized for all time?

You can request a mod delete your thread, but don't look at it as wasting our time. I'm sure other newcomers will have the same question so even what you consider to be a dumb question can be a nugget of golden info for another person. Hell, I've been using Axe-FXs for years (first the Ultra, now the II) and I'm still learning stuff every day (I'm more of a forum lurker than an avid contributer haha). Welcome to the daunting world of Fractal Audio ... it's complex, scary, and super awesome :D

Thanks guys. Sorry for wasting your time. I was pressing the BYPASS button instead of the FX BYP button. :eek:ops

Is there a way to delete this thread so that my stupidity isn't memorialized for all time?

Dont worry... in ten years, people will look back and say: "So this is the thread where everything began..."

Back
Top Bottom