Noob - Output routing issue Axe FX STD

JBBridgeman

Okay, so I'm trying to set up my new Axe FX STD so that:
Left XLR output goes to my poweramp/cabinet, obviously bypassing cab simulation.
Right XLR output goes DI to front of house with cabinet simulator.

Can someone take a picture/screenshot of blocks that would allow this?
No matter what I try I can never separate the cab simulator to the Right XLR output. Just won't happen!

One way: place a shunt & the cab block in the last column, connect both to the previous column's block/shunt. At Layout: Output page set the balance controls for those 2 rows to opposite sides.

Excellent. Only issue with this being that both outputs levels are controlled by Output 1. I may need to re-think my plans.

^ Agreed, it's just not very efficient to have to edit a software level parameter live when using different poweramps/DI at different venues on the fly. Would be much easier to use the output level knobs on the front.

If you are not using the fx-loop i suggest you to use the output 1 for the FOH (so you can run stereo) and output 2 for power amp+cab. A simple routing could be:
INPUT->AMP->FX-LOOP->CAB SIM->OUT
(the FX-LOOP block sends your signal to the output2)

Yea, I agree there - live a real button will always win over a software one. The fx loop is indeed the ticket, unless it is in use already....

Back
Top Bottom