Noob needs help!!!!

randycloud

Had a Kemper - hated it. Own 5 Bludos and a Glaswerks as well as several old tweed and blackfaced Fenders. - I am able to get good tones without any tweaking on them. Recently heard a guy play and Axe FX II and was impressed, so I bought an XL which arrived today. Haven't read the manual, just plugged it into an EHX 44 Magnum and then into a Bludo cab - - - STUNNING!!!! Can't believe the tones out of the box!

Question 1 - is it correct that the FX II and the XL make the same tones but that the XL can simply store more of them?

Question 2 - are the presets in the FXII the same as the XL?

Question 3 - PLEASE somebody explain the important differences in the MFC101 evolution. I have a Mark III on the way.....

WHY? My son and I both play. Probably buying a second unit very soon. Kinda like the idea of spending less on the FXII used - as long as it sounds the same.

Thanks

Randy

The MFC-101 Mark III has silent "liquid" switches that the previous models didn't have. It also includes a FASLINK port that allows you to control all your switching on the Axe and power your MFC with just a standard XLR cable, as opposed to using a more fragile ethernet/ethercon cable. XLR's are also more commonly found lying around at gigs in case your cable were to short out.

As for the XL, yes it gets the same tones as a Mark II. It just has a few extra features like extra user cab space, more presets, more blocks with X/Y capabilities, and a FASLINK port in the back that connects with the FASLINK port in the MFC-101 Mark III.

Blaze - thanks so much!! So, if I use the XL to create my presets, can I transfer them over to a Mark II? ...or is there a difference in software or something that would prevent them working?

I know that Mark II presets will transfer over to XL, but I think I remember reading that it doesn't work the other way around. Things may have changed since then, but I think it was because the XL has some features (like extra user cab space and more blocks with X/Y capabilities) that won't transfer back to the Mark II.

Back
Top Bottom