Non-musical distortion in AX8

mferrand

Inspired
Hey All

After 3 years of constant use I am now having an issue with my Ax8. There is a non-musical distortion that occurs whenever I hit a note. This is regardless of preset or settings. Levels are good. I reloaded software, no change. I have had the unit nearly 3 years. This has started in the past 3 weeks. Any suggestions?

I have emailed Fractal and will hopefully be hear back from them.

Cheers, Mike

Hey All

After 3 years of constant use I am now having an issue with my Ax8. There is a non-musical distortion that occurs whenever I hit a note. This is regardless of preset or settings. Levels are good. I reloaded software, no change. I have had the unit nearly 3 years. This has started in the past 3 weeks. Any suggestions?

I have emailed Fractal and will hopefully be hear back from them.

Cheers, Mike
you're saying you made no changes in the last 3 weeks?

share a recording with us that exhibits the issue or else we're completely guessing about something.

do you use a guitar with active pickups and a dead battery?

Hi,

Correct, no changes in the past 3 weeks. I use a standard Tele and Les Paul. I did make a recording of the distortion. I have to figure out how to upload it.

Cheers, Mike

Hi,

Correct, no changes in the past 3 weeks. I use a standard Tele and Les Paul. I did make a recording of the distortion. I have to figure out how to upload it.

Cheers, Mike
Upload to soundcloud and post the link here. Or Dropbox or similar.

Input trim at 12 dB. Green light on moderately, red light, never. Looks like the unit is going back to Fractal.
I bought the unit new 3 years ago, 100's of rehearsals, many gigs, hot / cold, left on for weeks at a time. Built like a tank. I really have no complaints. Unfortunately, the AX8 and my CLR Monitor have gone bad at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom