Non-Mirrored Mode (ie AX3 -> FC12 -> FC6) - Anyone using this setup?

bryguy

I'm struggling to get this setup to work correctly.

I was envisioning a section like in the manual where you have two independent devices:
LAYOUT LINKS EXAMPLE: 6 + 12 = KILLER APP

The problems I'm seeing are the following:
1) There is only one master layout for both devices (it is not device independent) so I can't load the optimal device layout for the device itself (or be able to customize one without impacting the other).
2) I posted earlier as a wish but now think it is a bug, in that device reset sends the reset to both devices assuming they are the same.

Just curious if this has even been attempted as of yet by anyone else...

For #1 are you wanting to modify the MLM Layout?

You can always create a second MKM-like layout for one of the devices and then assign that to (for example) the Hold function of button 3 on the FC6.

For #1 are you wanting to modify the MLM Layout?

You can always create a second MKM-like layout for one of the devices and then assign that to (for example) the Hold function of button 3 on the FC6.

For #1, I'm wanting a MLM layout for each device to be independent.
As an example of what I'm facing.
For the FC12, layout 5 for Looper is arranged (Record, Play, --, Once, Tempo, Tune, --, --, Undo/Erase, Reverse, Half Speed, LPR Bypass)
For the FC6, layout 5 should be (Record, Play, Once, Reverse, Undo, Half Speed) - or however best you wish to setup
The problem is that the FC6 inherits the FC12 layout for its operations and shows (Record, Play, --, Once, Tempo, Tune) and if I modify this, I modify the FC12 layout for looper (but this concept applies for any layout)

Perhaps I'm missing this, but I do not see where you can create a second MLM layout. I have seen where you can edit layout links to trigger a layout on a tap/hold and that is a great feature but I can't optimize the FC6 layout.

Right now, I don't think different FCs will play nicely together, either you should have two FC12s or two FC6s, but not a mix.

The MLM doesn't change layout content, it only selects the layout you want.

If you want a different layout for FC-6 use then you'll need to create one.

You can create a "sort of MLM" specific to the FC-6 by defining a layout that uses Layout Link for the buttons to call up the layouts you want and then assigning that layout to a button to recall it.

I get what you are saying - just trying to show some alternative options.

Back
Top Bottom