Noise gate

ericar

Inspired
Does anyone wish the noise gate was a simple global setting? I have added a global noise gate setting to each of my patches so depending on which guitar I am using I can set the same threshold but it would be so much easier if the noise gate was global like Guitar Rig does.

Does anyone wish the noise gate was a simple global setting? I have added a global noise gate setting to each of my patches so depending on which guitar I am using I can set the same threshold but it would be so much easier if the noise gate was global like Guitar Rig does.
Each preset has its own Noise Gate in the Input block. You can also use the Global Block function of the Axe-Fx II.

I think in order to have the offset be useful, the noise gate still has to be turned on with each preset and then saved as a global block.

I have a love/hate thing with noise gates. I turn them off unless the preset just needs to have one there, and then I only bring it up high enough to silence the hiss. I hate the sound of a reverb tail being swallowed by a noise gate. I lean toward cleaner sounds anyway, so I like the natural decay of notes without the chop. I set each of my presets with minimal gate settings, and mostly off. A global gate would be of no value to me. Just my $0.02. That's the beauty of FAS gear. Enough flexibility to be used by a wide variety of guitarists and styles.

Back
Top Bottom