Noise Gate settings for speed metal/high gain

TheAxeman80

I'm rather new to the fractal scene, but I've run into an issue with crazy interference and high squealing interference. Looked up noise gate on this thread but was curious what is a good setting set for a high gain, fast sweep picks and runs so that I can keep the tone, sustain, but when I stop playing, I don't get crazy feedback when I'm turned up to volume 3 or 4!

a Gate doesn't seek out noise.

if the noise is just as loud as the guitar signal, you can't really help it. find the source of the noise and fix that.

a Gate doesn't seek out noise.

if the noise is just as loud as the guitar signal, you can't really help it. find the source of the noise and fix that.
Gotcha. I probably wasn't clear(I told you I'm new at this :). When I added the noise gate it helped, but I'm now dealing with attack vs. sustain vs. feedback. I was just curious if there was a good starting place for the settings, and to adjust from there? The feedback went away, but then my guitar was really lacking in attack vs. sustain.

Gotcha. I probably wasn't clear(I told you I'm new at this :). When I added the noise gate it helped, but I'm now dealing with attack vs. sustain vs. feedback. I was just curious if there was a good starting place for the settings, and to adjust from there? The feedback went away, but then my guitar was really lacking in attack vs. sustain.
keep the threshold as low as possible (more negative).

It depends on the amp, but for most of my Recto model rhythm parts I start here:

Threshold: -48 (depends on guitar being used)
Ratio: ~3.0
Attack: 1ms
Hold: 20-25ms
Release 40-50ms

The above work well for me with both my JPXI-7 and JP15-7 guitars using the Recto Orange and Red and IIC++. I don't use many of the other high gain amps but the above settings may be a good starting point for you.

[QUOTE = "Etudica, post: 1801225, membro: 25080"]
Dependência do amplificador, mas para a maioria das partes do meu modelo

Limiar: -48 (dependente da guitarra sendo usada)
Relação: ~ 3.0
Ataque: 1ms
Espera: 20-25ms
Solte 40-50 ms

O texto funciona bem como as minhas guitarras JPXI-7 e JP15-7 utilizando o Recto Laranja e Vermelho e o IIC ++. A grande maioria dos amplificadores de ganho, mas como as melhores configurações podem ser um bom ponto de partida para você.
[CITAR]
Cool!!!

Back
Top Bottom