Noise gate/s settings

jimmynorrisjr

Experienced
Anyone using higher gain presets with a PRS 594 or Silver Sky? I’m curious about settings with the noise gate/s. I have been using the input gate, one after compressor and drive pedals, and one after the amp block/s. I am starting to feel a bit robbed of sustain. If I dial them back it gets noisy. I don’t have the gain maxed, maybe at 2-3 o’clock, and this is without any other blocks on.

Anyone using higher gain presets with a PRS 594 or Silver Sky? I’m curious about settings with the noise gate/s. I have been using the input gate, one after compressor and drive pedals, and one after the amp block/s. I am starting to feel a bit robbed of sustain. If I dial them back it gets noisy. I don’t have the gain maxed, maybe at 2-3 o’clock, and this is without any other blocks on.
Personally I stick with the input gate and it’s ok (for high gain) . 3 gates ? 🤦😅

Personally I stick with the input gate and it’s ok (for high gain) . 3 gates ? 🤦😅
People got different guitars and different environments.

I use two some times. This is for the most brutal choppy metal stuff when It needs to get dead silent fast. But I don't leave it on for other stuff. Often one gate is enough.

@jimmynorrisjr what kind of noise is happening? Could it be that you are near your computer or anything like that?

People got different guitars and different environments.

I use two some times. This is for the most brutal choppy metal stuff when It needs to get dead silent fast. But I don't leave it on for other stuff. Often one gate is enough.

@jimmynorrisjr what kind of noise is happening? Could it be that you are near your computer or anything like that?
Yes, 2 I understand, to have a hard gate effect for djent and other midi music (#troll), but … 3 ! 😅
The funny part is the “I am starting to feel a bit robbed of sustain” after putting 3 gates 🤣

Last edited:
I’ve had 2 594’s and left the gate at stock settings for all guitar presets. I dont add a gate to my chain either.
As you use a les Paul, don’t know which one, if it’s stock Gibson pickups or not etc but… are they noisy ? My gibson’s pickups are . I ve checked the electronic, everything is super well wired, so I think that the culprit are the pickups . They sound really good and “vintage” but they take ground noises a lot

As you use a les Paul, don’t know which one, if it’s stock Gibson pickups or not etc but are they noisy ? My gibson’s pickups are . I ve checked the electronic, everything is super well wired, so I think that the culprit are the pickups . They sound really good and “vintage” but they take ground noises a lot
What model and what year gibson? 2/3 of my custom shops are unpotted pickups, the other has bkp abraxas/emerald set. I dont notice much noise.

Yours should be potted but check the site.
As I rarely have humbuckers with chrome cover who knows … but my sg with the iommi pickups is not . It seems it takes more the high frequencies, like « vintage » pickups do. It’s ground noise … as I use fenders too since forever, that’s not the first time I have noises, but this is really well wired internally that’s why I don’t understand .
I remember that a student got gold chrome pickup in an esp and it was very noisy too at home . Are these cover more noise friendly? Hm.

Yours should be potted but check the site.
I checked they are yes. And also reproduce the ‘59 tone normally. So with the music I play globally and the gain I use that’s maybe normal . But I have many guitars and believed that a lp was normally not noisy like a fender

I checked they are yes. And also reproduce the ‘59 tone normally. So with the music I play globally and the gain I use that’s maybe normal . But I have many guitars and believed that a lp was normally not noisy like a fender
Use enough gain and most guitars are noisy haha.

Back
Top Bottom