Nobody Home - Reimagined Pink Floyd Cover

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
I made this over the weekend, all electric guitars and bass are direct Axe-Fx, FW15. The first guitar is the 1987x model and the solo (3:05) is the Comet Concourse, both using that awesome basketweave TV mix UR. Strat for both parts. Bass is Seed's most recent bass preset unedited (scene 1).

Just about blew up my voice on that one 'OOOH BABY' @ 2:35.. ouch. lol :).

This is the first thing I recorded with a used Presonus Eureka channelstrip\preamp I recently picked up. I miked my acoustic (shure SM81) and my voice (early Australian-made Rode NT1) through the Eureka and tried to get some of that supposed extra juice from saturating it a bit. I think it sounds OK, but I don't have a lot of experience using mic pres other than the basic ones built into small-format mixing boards.

Feedback on the sounds or the mix is always appreciated. Cheers!

I enjoyed that Robboman, thanks for posting. I thought the acoustic guitar tone was outstanding, which isn't to say the electric was bad but the acoustic really stood out for me.

I agree it did sound a little odd with the American (as in continental American, not USA ;-)) accent but that's cool considering you were doing your own interpretation rather than a slavish reproduction of the original recording. I could imagine listening to you performing that in a smoky blues bar like Bearlys in Nova Scotia which I used to frequent when I lived there.

I enjoyed that Robboman, thanks for posting. I thought the acoustic guitar tone was outstanding, which isn't to say the electric was bad but the acoustic really stood out for me. I agree it did sound a little odd with the American (as in continental American, not USA ;-)) accent but that's cool considering you were doing your own interpretation rather than a slavish reproduction of the original recording. I could imagine listening to you performing that in a smoky blues bar like Bearlys in Nova Scotia which I used to frequent when I lived there.

Thanks!

I appreciate your comments on the acoustic tone too, but you'd laugh if I told you what kind of guitar that is. It's one of the more put-down and made fun of brands, but it was my first real guitar and I've had it since the late 80's. Always thought it sounded pretty great actually.

Very Good, man.... this deserves more listens. I was turned on to this because I plugged my Ovation acoustic/electric into the Axe FX today to take a break from my strat ( which lately has those blasted Cobalt strings my son gave me to try out - don't much like 'em at all). Anyway your work on this is inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom