No volume when importing

dandufour

Hi everyone. I am new to this Axe FX II and this forum, but not new to multi effects units.
Yesterday I was looking into the presets you can download and decided to try one. After
saving it on my computer, I imported it using the Axe editing software. In a few seconds
it was there, but I had no sound. Is there a trick to turning the preset on? I know the Line6
Pod required you moved the volume pedal. Is this similar?
Dan

If there is a volume block, try bypassing it.

this and or the possibility of controllers connected to effects blocks. when down loading others presets many times you have to look at every block to see what is going on. it is very easy to make a preset that you are proud of and send it to the exchange but forget to note things such as used IR and modifiers and what monitoring set up was used!

vinny & parinoid have pretty much nailed it !

I have a system when I look at presets that were made by others, or that I get directly from AxeChange ....

1.) Look for a volume block. Then I disable it. If that doesn't work, I change it to a shunt ....
2.) Look in the Cab block to make sure it isn't pointing to a User Cab slot that I don't have filled ....
3.) I look in the Amp block for modifiers to ....
a.) Input Trim
b.) Input Drive
c.) Master Volume

Those steps have fixed 99.9% of issues I've had with others presets ....

Good Luck !

I found what it was. In the volume block there was a button that said mute. When I clicked it off the sound came on.
Thanks for all your help. By the way, is there any instructions available for the editing software?
Dan

Hi Chris. I have actually watched all your videos over the last couple weeks. Learning a lot
from them. I have to admit I am in way over my head with this unit but the tones are so
good I don't care. I will manage some how. Right now just trying to figure out how I want
my MC101 set up. Your videos have given me so many choices I can't pick one. Anyways,
glad this forum is here to help out.
Dan

Hi Chris. I have actually watched all your videos over the last couple weeks. Learning a lot from them. I have to admit I am in way over my head with this unit but the tones are so good I don't care. I will manage some how.

Dan - I was in the same boat about 1 1/2 years ago with the AFX. Biggest thing I had to learn: start simple. Find the AMP + CAB combo that you love. Using Axe-Edit is awesome to clear a preset, setup an amp and cab with straight shunts from I > O. You'll find that when you get that tone, the effects and everything else possible can come later.

Chris' video's made it possible for me to dial in my sounds much quicker than learning on my own so again, THANK YOU CHRIS.

Try this out:
Amp: Type Boutique 1
Cab: Type Stereo UltraRes - Boutique Mix 2x12 for both Cabs with the lower cab having a .300 MS delay dialed (typed) in.
Tweak the amp block so it "tickles the red" output LEDs.

I hope that makes sense.. Give the Matchless Chieftan a chance ;)

I have to admit I am in way over my head with this unit but the tones are so
good I don't care. Dan

Dan,

You don't have to be-There is "NO" earthly reason to go beyond the basic parameters when starting out. If you try to dive in and start turning knobs in advanced parameters you will be wasting lots of time and getting lots of stress.

Many of the top guys here never even look at those. So just stay basic-period. You will not be over your head. Treat it like a real amp-I mean you wouldn't go into a real amp and start messing with the circuits, right?

Folks have a tendency to go to the advanced parms just because they "can". That's bad- Once you get where you want to be, then maybe.

I "never go there unless I have an issue.

Give that a shot

My problem wasn't finding a tone I like, I found a lot of very usable tones. My problem was going
thru the 383 presets, finding the ones I knew I would never use, deleting them, moving all the presets
I didn't delete to the 100, 200,300's area so the first few dozen preset areas were free for presets I really wanted to use.
Had to do this 1 at a time. A feature like click and drag would have made this go quick. I spent hours over the
weekend moving all these. I am sure there are ways of doing this besides the way I did. Just to break things up
for awhile, I decided to try and download a patch to see how that worked and I ran into this issue of no sound.
I am sure as I go I will catch on, a little at a time, just need to keep this forum handy when I can't figure something out.

Back
Top Bottom