No Turning Back Now!

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I've had my FX8 for just about a year. Here it is with all the latest extras, mounted securely to the board:

FX8Update.jpg

The reason I say "no turning back now" is that I just sold a cabinet full of 90 different pedals to Chicago Music Exchange last weekend. So it looks like I'm pretty much fully committed to the FX8. It does everything I need and more and has made playing Iive so much easier than I ever imagined.

I kept two of my older boards just in case I ever fall off the Fractal wagon...though I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

GiantBoard.jpg
TinyBoard.jpg

I did the same with my G System about a year ago. I spent months designing configurations of the successor to the G and then the FX8 came along.

It still never ceases to impress me. I've got about 4 drive pedals at the moment but thinking of getting rid of them and using just the FX8.

The BB Preamp block is fantastic. That and the 808 are my current favourites. I guess it's time to chop the pedals this afternoon then....

Same with me... only kept one analog board with the "most important" stuff in case the fx8 breaks or something.

QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF COOL SWITCHES ARE THOSE on your FX8??? :)

Since I sold my G System I've been looking for some time now to improve the switches and the hardware design!!!

Same with me... only kept one analog board with the "most important" stuff in case the fx8 breaks or something.

QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF COOL SWITCHES ARE THOSE on your FX8??? :)

Since I sold my G System I've been looking for some time now to improve the switches and the hardware design!!!

I have no ties to Barefoot Buttons, but they really make for much more comfortable and efficient switching. Since the button now has a much larger surface area, you can more easily engage them. There's no modifications needed. They slip right over the existing foot switch.

I've had my FX8 for just about a year. Here it is with all the latest extras, mounted securely to the board:

View attachment 34155

The reason I say "no turning back now" is that I just sold a cabinet full of 90 different pedals to Chicago Music Exchange last weekend. So it looks like I'm pretty much fully committed to the FX8. It does everything I need and more and has made playing Iive so much easier than I ever imagined.

I kept two of my older boards just in case I ever fall off the Fractal wagon...though I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

View attachment 34156
View attachment 34157

I am in the same boat. I will still keep a small board when needed but I am selling my eve tide H9s, boss ES8 and drive pedals. Still on the waiting list to get the Mark II

View attachment 34155

View attachment 34156
View attachment 34157
Are those Dunlop expression pedals?

I sold everything bar a CAE wah.

No regrets and I don't miss a single pedal.

I think I need some Barefoot Buttons though, top tier of switches can be tricky for my uncoordinated hooves

Are those Dunlop expression pedals?

Yes...the Volume X Mini's. I love 'em. Just as solid as the larger ones. I've still got my EV1's in case I change my mind. Got rid of the Missions. For keeping the overall size of the board as small as possible, they're the perfect option.

Yes...the Volume X Mini's. I love 'em. Just as solid as the larger ones. I've still got my EV1's in case I change my mind. Got rid of the Missions. For keeping the overall size of the board as small as possible, they're the perfect option.
Do you know if the volume x will work with the Line6 M series? I use a Mission exp right now but wouldn't mind something smaller.

I'm struggling with deciding to sell my pedal board... Having trouble saying goodbye I guess. To hear that people have had no regrets going solo with the fx8 is great.

I'm struggling with deciding to sell my pedal board... Having trouble saying goodbye I guess. To hear that people have had no regrets going solo with the fx8 is great.

If you don't have to sell it straight away hang onto it. It's good sometimes to A/B real pedals when dialing in blocks on the fx8.

i did the same, held on to my board for almost a year, fired it up again one day and it was such a pain to use compared to the FX8.

So i sold all my pedals and bought a Custom Shop Strat :D

Back
Top Bottom