No sound

bbbeardsley

Hi guys, to days in a row a total of 3 times so far my Axe-Fx II went silent I heard a small click in the headphones then nothing. I shut in down and started back up all is good but this has never happened before should be worried thanks steven

Have you tested the other outputs, besides the headphones? Curious if it is global (outputwise) or if it is only the headphones jack. Have you tried another set of phones, just in case you have a bad solder joint or something. Just moving to reset the AxeFX might be enough to move the phones wires enough to again cause a solid connection. Might help rule things out. Good luck.

Lee

I've had one situation live, when using a different AxeFX to my own, where the output volume dropped considerably. A quick reboot brought everything back to life

Some odd things do happen

Bbbeardsley - so if I understand correctly, your AxeFX is connected to a mixer, and the audio signal stops, then with a reboot of the AxeFX, all is normal again until it does it again? If this is correct, have you tried plugging headphones into the headphone jack on the front of the AxeFX after the sound stops, and before you reboot? If your AxeFX is disconnected from the mixer, does the same thing occur?

i had this problem. everything was working and then i had a complete audio shutdown. it happened three times. bypass mode worked but nothing from the axe. i had no input/output metering. did the usual. changed leads and rebooted the unit. took it back to the supplier and they couldnt get it to fault. they had it for three weeks. they sent it back doing nothing to it. it hasnt played up since (apx. 3 months) fingers crossed ?!

This happened to me the other day also. I was trying to setup a line 6 foot controller within Ableton, to change preset in the Axe. I got it working ok but quite a few times the signal from the axe just disappeared, total bypass worked so I know it was a problem with the Axe. A couple of times I managed to get it back by changing preset only to hear the signal die almost immediately. Only way to solve was a reboot.
I had actually forgotten about this until I saw this thread.
Could this be a firmware problem or a midi bug?

Last edited:
Just had this happened to me yesterday, suddenly all outputs (including phones) went silent, Input meters sill registering a signal but no output. Axe menus appear to react normal. Reboot and everything was back to normal, didn’t think much of it, first glitch ever. I’m on win 7 64bit, was connected via USB to AE (v3.1.10) and Cab-Lab, out 1 L+R via XLR to mixing console, Axe is on FW V18.08.

Back
Top Bottom