no sound

BLW4103

Just got the turbo fm9. I had usb hooked to windows 11 laptop ,and guitar connected. The tuner worked fine and fm edit showed connected. There was no sound. Do I need external speakers or should the built in laptop speakers at least make some noise? I have a powered QSC k12 speaker but couldn't find a good cable. Its always sumthin... Any help would be appreciated. thx

It's been a while, but AFAIK Axe-Edit doesn't produce sound.
You should be able to enable and hear the FM9 sound via a DAW.

Unless you have a DAW or some other software routing the FM9 audio to the computer speakers you're not going to hear anything.

Typically you would use external speakers.

Also make sure the Output knob on the front is turned up.

Just got the turbo fm9. I had usb hooked to windows 11 laptop ,and guitar connected. The tuner worked fine and fm edit showed connected. There was no sound. Do I need external speakers or should the built in laptop speakers at least make some noise? I have a powered QSC k12 speaker but couldn't find a good cable. Its always sumthin... Any help would be appreciated. thx
See Sections 3 and 4 in the manual. They should be helpful.

Thanks guys. Also Im a bit lost on the cable hookup to the frfr. My memory is bad. It appears that you should use XLR to connect to powered wedge. The FM9 and the QSC both have male connections. Am I missing something?

Thanks guys. Also Im a bit lost on the cable hookup to the frfr. My memory is bad. It appears that you should use XLR to connect to powered wedge. The FM9 and the QSC both have male connections. Am I missing something?
I’ve never seen a QSC powered speaker without a female XLR connector. What model do you have?

Back
Top Bottom