No sound using Windows 10

stink

Experienced
Firstly I was excited as hell when @Admin M@ announced the public release of the new Dyna-Cabs today, so of course I purchased all. Well, I loaded the new version of Cab Lab 4, set all the I/O’s to be certain I hear the test tone, but when I try to audition a cab “live”, there is no sound. Yes, the cab block is bypassed, mute = thru, but no sound is present. Even with no cab block in the chain, I have the same result.

Anyone else experiencing this? I’m running Windows 10

Same here. Screwed around for about an hour with just standard impulses. Couldn’t get any kind of monitoring to work. Not rocket science but figured I’m just missing something stupid 🤷‍♂️ Maybe being on beta firmware?

Same here. Screwed around for about an hour with just standard impulses. Couldn’t get any kind of monitoring to work. Not rocket science but figured I’m just missing something stupid 🤷‍♂️ Maybe being on beta firmware?
That’s what I’m thinking too…🤷

With beta 4, the problem is now gone…👍

However, the thing I did notice is when I’m connected to CL4, the sound I hear from mixed IR’s thru CL4 and my AxeFX does NOT sound the same once I save the mixed IR to a cab slot. It doesn’t sound as rich/full.

I’ve been bouncing back and forth several times and there is a difference, even though my audio is identical.

Anyone else notice or is it just me?

With beta 4, the problem is now gone…👍

However, the thing I did notice is when I’m connected to CL4, the sound I hear from mixed IR’s thru CL4 and my AxeFX does NOT sound the same once I save the mixed IR to a cab slot. It doesn’t sound as rich/full.

I’ve been bouncing back and forth several times and there is a difference, even though my audio is identical.

Anyone else notice or is it just me?
I'm using a Focusrite interface with SPDIF. I have to mute the SPDIF input in the Focusrite software to get accurate results or else I get a super loud phasing signal while auditioning.

Not sure if this applies to your situation, but that has been my experience. I also haven't paid close attention to the difference of what I am sampling and save. I'll have to test that, as well.

I'm using a Focusrite interface with SPDIF. I have to mute the SPDIF input in the Focusrite software to get accurate results or else I get a super loud phasing signal while auditioning.

Not sure if this applies to your situation, but that has been my experience. I also haven't paid close attention to the difference of what I am sampling and save. I'll have to test that, as well.
I too have a focusrite interface however, I’m NOT using it at all and all my USB sends/returns are at 0. I didn’t have this issue with CL 3. Something isn’t right.

I assume you unchecked the Mute and Bypass options in Cab-Lab, lower left side?
Mute has nothing to do with it. I can hear the mix just fine, and alternate between the AxeFX and CL4. The problem arises when, I’m satisfied with mix, send it a cab slot, then select the new IR, the level is lower and the sound isn’t nearly as full. I’m going through my Event Opals and the only thing that changes is I’m switching between the saved IR and CL4. So 🤷

What if you raise the level of the cab block to match the level you're hearing in CL4? Does it sound the same then? Louder usually sounds "better" in a direct comparison.

What if you raise the level of the cab block to match the level you're hearing in CL4? Does it sound the same then? Louder usually sounds "better" in a direct comparison.
No. I tried that first. It’s a richness factor. And yes, the volume is lower on the mixed IR.

I should mention, I tried this with 2 DynaCab IR’s AND 1 JP static IR from his cab pack. I’ll see if it happens using DynaCabs only

Have you tried saving your created IR in CL4 to your hard drive then go into Axeedit and load them from there ?

I did this and volume was same in CL4 and Axeedit

Mute has nothing to do with it. I can hear the mix just fine, and alternate between the AxeFX and CL4. The problem arises when, I’m satisfied with mix, send it a cab slot, then select the new IR, the level is lower and the sound isn’t nearly as full. I’m going through my Event Opals and the only thing that changes is I’m switching between the saved IR and CL4. So 🤷
Your thread title and OP says "no sound". That's very different than "lower volume".

I missed your later post that you got past that.

Are you mixing with SW Live Mode?

When you switch to the saved IR you are hearing the Cab block. When using SW Live Mode, Cab-Lab hijacks the USB audio.

Sounds like your USB Return Levels are causing Live Mode to be louder. I did experience that. You'll need to adjust the USB level down to account for the difference.

If that mode sounds fuller it's likely because it's louder which our ears think is "better".

Are you mixing with SW Live Mode?
Yes
Sounds like your USB Return Levels are causing Live Mode to be louder. I did experience that. You'll need to adjust the USB level down to account for the difference.
Possibly, but the AxeFX is my audio interface and the db returns, on all, are set to 0.

I’m going to post the patch, along with the screenshot of the CL4, to see if it can be replicated. That will be tomorrow.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom