No sound on certain patches & scenes on new FM9 Turbo (solved)

Jelico

I've been an FM3 user for the past two years and just received my new FM9 Turbo Mark II. For some strange reason, I cannot hear certain patches and scenes. The input meter is moving on the unit itself, but is not moving within FM9 Edit. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is different with these patches & scenes that I can't hear. For example, on 015 Recto 2 FM9, I can hear Scene 3 Orange Modern just fine, but on Scenes 1 and 5 I hear nothing. On 0016 Euro I got nothing on any scene. Any ideas what is up?

Thank you -

I was going to say to check the IR/Cab block to make sure there is an assingment, so the above confirms it. It can be deceiving because without and assigned cab the output meters still show signal going through, but no sound. Maybe a future update can have the signal not continue through an active cab block if no cab is assigned.

I was going to say to check the IR/Cab block to make sure there is an assingment, so the above confirms it. It can be deceiving because without and assigned cab the output meters still show signal going through, but no sound. Maybe a future update can have the signal not continue through an active cab block if no cab is assigned.
Can you elaborate on what meters you're talking about?

Output meters should not show signal when there's none.

Output meter on the Grid Layout menu when zoomed out. Actually without the cabs assigned, it was just very low output on the unit , so I wasn't hearing it. I know now to always check the cabs first if no sound but input and output blocks active.

For those of us about to take delivery on a new unit, is there a quickest way to determine if ours is one of the affected units? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom