No sound from front input...

OverAmp

I've had my Ultra for about a year now. Previously I've used the front input with no prob but for many months I've been plugging my guitar exclusively into the rear input. A few months back I had to send my unit back to Fractal for a repair.

Since receiving the unit back I hooked it back up the way it was (through the rear input) and have been using it as I was. Today I believe was the first time I've tried to use the front input in some time...no sound. The lighted indicators don't "jump" at all and there is no sound when plugged into the front analog input.

I've gone into the I/O selection and switched to the front analog option. I've also set the volume to "none" for input 1 as instructed in the patch notes. (I also tried adjusting manually to the top)

Is there something physically wrong with my unit or did I screw something up/overlook something?

For what it's worth, I updated to 9.0 a few days back.

Hopefully this is just a case of my stupidity...any help?

Do you have any plugs inserted into INPUT1 on the rear? The front panel INSTR input is defeated whenever a plug is inserted into this input.

xrist04 said:
Do you have any plugs inserted into INPUT1 on the rear? The front panel INSTR input is defeated whenever a plug is inserted into this input.

Nope, nothing in the rear inputs.

Tried different cables? I also have one that doesn't make good contact in the front input (DIY with a cheap cornered jack that deviates a bit in length).

You know you have to use every hole on a regular basis, or it will grow closed :p

vAmp said:
Tried different cables? I also have one that doesn't make good contact in the front input (DIY with a cheap cornered jack that deviates a bit in length).

You know you have to use every hole on a regular basis, or it will grow closed :p

I've actually tried multiple cables and my main cables are lava cable so they are pretty high quality...it is interesting that my front jack does not seem to "click" like the rear one does.

I wonder if it could have been over/under tightened during repair? I don't suppose that's anything I could take a peak at myself?

I found the problem...there was a loose wire inside the unit. Presumably from the shipping trip I'd guess.

Where the "input" wire connects to the mainboard was loose. It just clipped back on but I was a little disheartened at how easily it popped off again. It's not unthinkable that a bouncy car ride would cause it to fall off again...it seems very loose to me.

I snapped a couple pics of the issue, will post them here soon in case anyone else has to deal with this.

Back
Top Bottom