No Output

Have you confirmed there isn't a problem with the cable? Have you tried a different cable?
Swapping out cables was the first thing I did. The XLR to 1/4 is a new cable. Using the Out 2 with a standard instrument cable gets the same results - a very loud hum with no guitar signal.

Guitar amps don't typically have balanced inputs, so there would be no advantage to using balanced outs with them. If you're connecting to balanced inputs on a mixer or power amp, for example, then it makes sense.

For troubleshooting purposes, can you try connecting from out2 to the amp using a standard TS instrument cable? That will help determine what the issue is ...
Yes, to use stereo balanced lines with mixer and recording. I’ve tried the out 2 using standard instrument cable - same result.

Yes, to use stereo balanced lines with mixer and recording.
Again, do not do this. The jacks are TRS but they are wired specifically for Humbuster use in that case.

Output 2 is not balanced and on page 8 of the manual it explicitly states:

For OUTPUT 2, standard 1/4" (guitar) cables may be used, but there is a better option. HumbusterTM cables can significantly reduce unwanted hum due to ground loops. A Humbuster cable has one TRS end (like a balanced cable) and one TS end (like a guitar cable). The TRS end connects to the FM3. The TS end connects to your amp or other device. Do NOT connect TRS-to-TRS cables or TRS-to-XLR cables to Output 2.

At this point, I would suggest you contact Fractal support. It sounds like you may have a hardware issue. Possibly a loose or disconnected ribbon cable.

Back
Top Bottom