AFIII No One Knows - QOTSA

Brian Coonan

Power User
Messing around with this one - this is using the virtual capo to go down 4 half steps to C - I didn't feel any delay/lag at all! Love the virtual capo! Few flubs, especially in that weird a&& solo. Almost good with the tone - I think I need to brighten it up a little but it's getting there. Pulled out the original guitars with Moises app and the preset is the same modified Andy Wood preset that I've been using lately for things which uses the ODS100HRM amp and the 4x12 USA LEAD 80s R121 and 4x12 Brit 80s R121 (ML) cabs.

I did overdub the one fill (twice) cause I blew it on the initial play through. :)

Last edited:
7VgAhFn.jpg

Just helping with the motivation. ;) (But seriously, excellent job. Been hoping to learn this one for some time now...)

Last edited:
Sounds great. My band covered this song back in the day and I hated tuning down for it. Our only song in C and my strings felt way too loose. Haven't tried it with my FM3 yet... but after watching your video I'm going to give it a go.

7VgAhFn.jpg

Just helping with the motivation. ;) (But seriously, excellent job. Been hoping to learn this one for some time now...)
Thanks man!

Sounds great. My band covered this song back in the day and I hated tuning down for it. Our only song in C and my strings felt way too loose. Haven't tried it with my FM3 yet... but after watching your video I'm going to give it a go.
Thanks - yeah I definitely would not agree to play this one if I didn't have the virtual capo. When/If you do it - post the vid!

Messing around with this one - this is using the virtual capo to go down 4 half steps to C - I didn't feel any delay/lag at all! Love the virtual capo! Few flubs, especially in that weird a&& solo. Almost good with the tone - I think I need to brighten it up a little but it's getting there. Pulled out the original guitars with Moises app and the preset is the same modified Andy Wood preset that I've been using lately for things which uses the ODS100HRM amp and the 4x12 USA LEAD 80s R121 and 4x12 Brit 80s R121 (ML) cabs.

I did overdub the one fill (twice) cause I blew it on the initial play through. :)

Sounds great. You're gonna dig this. Eric Valentine breaks down the entire session of "No One Knows" and talks about how they recorded everything. QOTSA had it taken down from YouTube but its up on this drive..

Back
Top Bottom