No news of the MFC101 - thinking about the Gordius Big LG

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Since there's still no news about the MFC101, I've been taking a look at the other candidates, being the LFP and the BLG.
Both look very interesting but for me, the BLG has a few advantages.
First, it's made in Belgium, where I'm from.
Second, after going through most of the manual, it looks extremely customizable.
You can program 250 banks, have huge setlists, 2 direct banks you can use for IA so you have 26 IA switches at your disposal, and not the least of all: an editor that's working and very flexible.
You can assign more than 1 setup per pedal per preset.
This looks very promissing indeed.
For me, the price is right to. I can imagine that for overseas users it might be too expensive with exchange rates and all that.
Is there anyone who has any experience with the Big Little Giant?
How readable is the display?

There are users of the LG here and I think there was a review of the Big LG at the old forum.

The decision for my next controller will be either for the MFC101 or the Gordius (LG or Big LG, still need to make my mind up).
I don't have the money right now so I'm not in a hurry and hope to get a real A/B comparison soon, when the MFC is available,
but I'm strongly leaning towards Gordius. The fact that Gordius is located in Belgium, the very nice conversations I had so far with Xavier and
everything I heard and read about him and his products (which are readily available!) outweigh the facts I know about the MFC so far.

I think I could live without the tuner display communication between LG and AFx, but I hope that patch name and FX state exchange is/will be possible.

Seb

I emailed with Xavier and got a replt within te hour.
We mailed back and forth and I even spoke him on the phone.
Very nice guy, very helpful.
I'm also leaning more towards the BLG.
Only problem: it can only store 128 patches.
I was looking at a solution for my problem with the harmonizer.
I've figured out how to change the Voice, Scale, Tone parameters with sysex so I don't have to create a new patch on the Axe-fx whenever changing one of these parameters.
Since it's very easy to add sysex with the editor of the Little Giant, it was a snap.
Unfortunately, since you have to put the sysex in the patch, I'm again limted to the number of patches.
I could assign the sysex to a stompbox or momantary switch but that would limit the use of those. ou can have 32 of both.
You can program 186 presets, which are combinations of patches, pedals, stompboxes and momentary switches.
So, it would have been usefull if the sysex could have been added here.
Anywho. It still seems to be the most flexible sollution available at this time.
And yes, since it's made here in Belgium is an andvantage for me.
It's only 50km from where I live :)
I'll fiddle around with the editor some more and let you know when I've made a decision.

I have the Gordius LG. I love it .... more than enough for me. Very happy with the purchase. I like the Little Giant because it fits in a 3 space drawer, along with a EBjr Volume pedal.

I can also use a small computer bag(15 inch) and put both LG and the volume pedal in it. They usually have a zippered pocket in the front I use for the midi cable.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00023763Y/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics

I have a computer bag with wheels by Wenger, the bag I use came with it and it looks similar to the one here ,,, but you get the idea.

Jim :D

:D :D :D I'm getting a a Big Little Giant :D :D :D

I just can't wait any more.
And Xavier is the nicest and most helpful person.
Sebastian, as you can see I've made my decision.
I've compared all the specs and I think I can live with the 128 presets.
Xavier has a way - that's rather complicated I must add - where you can access a lot more presets by using the variables (on the global settings tab of the editor).
I especially like the direct banks which I'll probably use for IA, the editor, the layout and form of the pedal - compact and with the slanted front, very hard to accidentally push the wrong button.....
And did I mention Xavier EHP (Extremely Helpful Person) VIP (Very Inventive Person) ;)

Back
Top Bottom