No MIDI controller seems to be working with my Axe 2...

JeffTadashi

Hello all, perhaps I am overlooking some obvious MIDI setting, but I have not had any success getting a MIDI controller to communicate with the Axe FX 2 that I've been using for some time now. I have both a Behringer FCB1010 and a M-Audio keyboard (just for testing) that I am attaching to the MIDI-IN port on the Axe, everything is set to Channel 1. I don't even see the "MIDI IN" LED blink during any of my testing of program changes or CC change messages. I have nothing hooked up to the USB during these tests. I have used multiple 5-pin Midi cables.

What else can I check here?

Thanks
-Jeff

Maybe try setting the Axe Fx midi to "Omni" instead of channel 1?

I'd suggest opening a support case...

Kevin

Are you new to MIDI or are you experienced? :)

Have you hooked up the FCB to some sort of MIDI watch window so you can see exactly what MIDI data, if any, is being sent?

Assuming the FCB is good and properly configured to actually send some data...next check the Axe MIDI parameters. There's a write up in the manual...pg. 136 or something like that. Make sure it's set-up the way you want.

I actually am pretty experienced with MIDI (I am a keyboardist first, guitarist second)

I have tried OMNI setting now, no difference.

I did attach the FCB to a basic USB-MIDI adapter and saw it was sending MIDI data (flashing LED's)

From what I'm reading, I don't think the "USB Adapter Mode" being ON or OFF should make a difference here. I tested them both. PROG CHANGE has been on. Can't find any other setting there that would be relevant.

Thanks!
-Jeff

Back
Top Bottom