No joy with GarageBand -- Now I need help with Reaper

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I couldn't get to the bottom of my latency issue with Garageband when recording via USB. Since no one else on this forum seems to be using Garageband, I downloaded Reaper to see if I have the same latency issue with that program. So far, I can record and play a signal back OK from my Axe but I can't hear the guitar at all through either my computer speakers or the headphone port of my Axe until I disconnect the USB cable. What am I doing wrong with my setup?

This will be interesting to find the answer,I can't get it work both ways thru usb in reaper also. Just went to your youtube Stringtheorist, I found you on you tube couple years ago ,Didnt realize it was you :D Some nice playing.

In Reaper you need to goto "Options" then "Preferences" then "Audio" and "Device" and select "ASIO" make sure it is set for the AxeFX II ASIO driver.

In Reaper you need to goto "Options" then "Preferences" then "Audio" and "Device" and select "ASIO" make sure it is set for the AxeFX II ASIO driver.
Thanks KenH ,just saw that in the tone match video also

Can't see "ASIO" anywhere in the Device menu but I have already selected Axe-II from the dropdown menu under devices.

Back
Top Bottom