No headphone jack?

vkcarrillo

I use my AKG 812 headphones with my AxeFx2 when dialing in tones and effects. It has been the benchmark monitoring system for my preset collection creation. I play in multiple churches and this has consistently been my reference standard. My rig sounds fantastic no matter what church, what FOH board I encounter. I know exactly how/what to tweak using these headphones. Looking to downsize to this hotel/travel friendly bite size model but the lack of headphone output ruins it for me. Understand that every week I am creating new presets based on the different tunes assigned. I currently gig with the AF2 and a CLR. Had hoped to dial tones in my hotel room and leave those two behind.

There's actually more than enough gain to drive your headphones. A headphone amp/little mixer is great if you want to plug in other things I'm and jam along but not really needed. :0)

Working fine is a relative term. You are not getting a transparent result, due to headphones being a speaker, and line out being -10db. Your y adapter is tricking you into hearing a different sound than you will get live.

Working fine is a relative term. You are not getting a transparent result, due to headphones being a speaker, and line out being -10db. Your y adapter is tricking you into hearing a different sound than you will get live.
My guess is that Larry Mitchell might just know what he's doing ! ;)

you can look it how ever you want :0) like I said. Even with super high end audio devices if there is a headphone out. It will be not the best set of digital converters on that device. The out put 1&2 on the AX8 are going to be the best converters on the device. I can tell you that this past few weeks that I ve had my AX8 beta testing it at live shows, I've plugged it into many types of PA systems , powered monitors and many backstage rooms hotel rooms and bedrooms with really freaking Exspensive In Ear monitors to regular inexpensive Apple ear buds. And I was able to do lots of editing. But making critical EQ adjustments on any headphones is ah interesting.

If you really feel that not having a headphone out on the AX8 is going to stop you from buying one, then there's ways the Axe Fx XL. There is one on there. :0)

Fair poor points from a Grammy winning producer. That's an important distinction there laddy.
Yes, I was acknowledging his fair and valid arguments. I was unaware of his pedigree, and his experience is obviously a trusted opinion.

Back
Top Bottom