No fluency in Whammy?

If anyone is still into this thread , I have the same issue with my new AXE FX. When using a Roland Expression pedal plugged into the AXE. It sound like picking a note on the 1st fret and sliding up the neck so you hear each note instead of doing the same on a fretless neck so you would hear every pitch change smoothly. Has anyone found an answer to this? It must be in the settings somewhere.

Which pedal do you have exactly? Turned out it was the my Boss FV500 that was broken. Not sure if all FV500 pedals have this problem.

This is an EV5. It works in everything else fine. and works on Axe FX for volume and wah .It has to be a setting in AXE that I am missing. I've only had my AXE for 2 weeks.

I have a whammy setting in one of my patches. It's a smooth transition effect. My gear is currently in the truck, so I can't access my AxeFX at the moment, but I recall that I used the pitch block with a "zero to one octave up" range, and use an EV-1 expression controller. It's a good effect and works well. When we get set up and are soundchecking, I'll take a deeper look at my settings.

This is an EV5. It works in everything else fine. and works on Axe FX for volume and wah .It has to be a setting in AXE that I am missing. I've only had my AXE for 2 weeks.

You have to check your modifier settings. How do you have the damping set? Should be at a low value for smooth Whammy. I also have an EV5 which works perfect for Whammy.

Back
Top Bottom