No Audio Dropouts when switching scenes?

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
Are you seriously telling me that you can switch amp channels and not hear a dropout?

So I could set up a basic amp block / cab block signal chain, with 4 identical amp channels, and midi switch between them, and no one would know when the changes were occurring?

Like, for real?

Are you seriously telling me that you can switch amp channels and not hear a dropout?

There’s a clip Cliff posted in the main thread here with channels being switched. It has some reverb there, so it masks some of the gap, but you can still understand the performance.

It’s much better than the II, but you can listen to it and judge yourself whether you can hear dropouts or not.

Yes, and Cliff gave a thorough explanation about the physics of switching the sounds and how in order to not hear a pop when things are switched that there needs to be a certain amount of ramp-down from one sound and ramp-up to the other. It seems that it now is down to that minimum with about 5 ms extra in order to assure that you don't hear a pop... but then again, the argument continues on whether that's good enough.

Back
Top Bottom