NND - New Neck Day

I honestly can’t tell the difference. Intonation was the same procedure I've always followed: tune string, check 12th fret harmonic, adust saddle until both open string and harmonic are in tune at the same time. Sounds the same. G-string doesn't bind on it, so that's nice.
You hear it mostly in the open position chords all being nearly perfectly in tune. The G string in particular can be a bit off depending on the chord. Quite a few of my Fender style guitars have them....

Yeah, I've got the ernie ball compensated nut on my JP6 guitar and you can definitely tell that open position chords sound a little bit more in tune, especially going from like a G to a D or Am. Otherwise it doesn't really make much a difference and I don't think it's really supposed to, it's mostly about compensating the break angle at the lower frets for the string thicknesses.

I'd love an EOB model with a scalloped Warmoth neck.. hmm :)

I honestly can’t tell the difference. Intonation was the same procedure I've always followed: tune string, check 12th fret harmonic, adust saddle until both open string and harmonic are in tune at the same time. Sounds the same. G-string doesn't bind on it, so that's nice.
Different technique than I use and what I usually see recommended.

The one I typically see described is the compare the 12th fret harmonic with the note fretted at the 12th.

The method I use comes from Rich at ibanezrules.com:

Make sure the 12th fret harmonic is tuned to pitch. Fret the highest fret possible on the string. Adjust as needed based on whether it's sharp or flat.

He says this is much more accurate and I've found that to be true in my experience.

I can find and post the link if anyone is interested.

The one I typically see described is the compare the 12th fret harmonic with the note fretted at the 12th.

Make sure the 12th fret harmonic is tuned to pitch. Fret the highest fret possible on the string. Adjust as needed based on whether it's sharp or flat.

He says this is much more accurate and I've found that to be true in my experience.

Will have to check mine. I match the harmonic and 12th fret note, generally....

I'll check the fretted 12th fret, but I don't sweat it if it waivers because your finger pressure isn't constant.

Back
Top Bottom