Nintendo Switch blows....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I'm 40. Have 2 kids are 5 & 9. Bought Xbox this past week and returned it because menu system was daunting and games were too complex. Then got a Nintendo Switch and thinking of returning also.

Here's why:
They don't have all the old games even available to buy! Dumb. I want Kung Fu and Contra and all the old classics. I can't get them. I can't even get them all on the retro mini console I own. Stupid! I had the original from 1985 and then bought the Wii. Wii was that way too and besides being able to have a portable gaming system, which I don't care about, this unit isn't an improvement over the Wii.

Why they can't sell me any old game I want is beyond me. Neither is why they release these retro consoles in such limited quantity that they are flipped on eBay for 3-4 times price. Dumb as fuck. Rant over....

Build a Raspberry Pi kit to play old video games. The Canakit is nice, and you can get the kit from Amazon for about $70.

Then get a controller. Most USB controllers will work as well as many Bluetooth controllers.

Next, install Retropie on your Raspberry Pi. Check out this website:

https://retropie.org.uk/

Finally, download the games you want to play. I recommend Vimm’s Lair. Most other sites are full of viruses and malware.

What is Nintendos logic with not releasing old games? I don't get it? Take my money comes to mind.....

Nintendo has been releasing old games in the form of the NES Classic and SNES Classic. But they’re hard to find due to demand.

Nintendo has been releasing old games in the form of the NES Classic and SNES Classic. But they’re hard to find due to demand.
Kung Fu, Original Contra and many others aren't represented in any of these offerings. It just seems odd and short sighted, if not idiotic. I have the NES Classic....but does not offer all games. That device I get at least with it's price point and end user. But the $300 Switch is odd to not charge us for buying them!

What is Nintendos logic with not releasing old games? I don't get it? Take my money comes to mind.....
Nintendo isn’t the sole publisher for games that run on its consoles. In many cases you’d have to convince other companies to port and re-release the games. The code is not portable across console platforms. Whether the economics make sense would be something you'd have to evaluate on a game-by-game basis.

Last edited:
Dude...go get the Zelda game for Switch and then tell me the console sucks. Then I'll be like, "something wrong with this guy..."
Breath of the Wild is the best game out there now. Bar none.

Super Mario Odyssey is a close second.

If he hasn’t typed “nes emulator” into google by now...

I play the original Legend of Zelda daily on my Mac. I actually play Zelda Randomizer. Item locations, dungeon locations, enemy HP and many, many other things are randomized and shuffled around so it’s as close to playing the game for the first time as possible. A new experience each time. Randomizer for many games exist. Again, use google to find these things. Or anything you ever want to ask. You type it into google. And it shows you.

It's already been said a couple of times, but: emulator.

They can be a pain to setup sometimes, but I've been successful at downloading and playing all my favorite old PS1 games.

I'm more an arcade cabinet aficionado, so MAME for me, but emulators are really the best way to continue to enjoy a lot of these games.

Or just buy the original console. Craigslist, swapmeet, garage sales. I've got friends that have all the original consoles, and hundreds of cartridges they picked up for a song.

Back
Top Bottom