Nick Mayer Presets are AMAZING

warlockII

Fractal Fanatic
Please move this to the appropriate place if it belongs somewhere else.

I've been 95% happy with my live tones, but there was just a certain something that kept me searching for that jump to fully "professional" sound. Long story short I watched the video I'm linking here of Nick Mayers' presets and there was that "slight tweak" that I was searching for. I was very hesitant to spend the cash, but with 10% off for my first purchase I took the plunge. I am SOOOOOO glad I did! Between the 4 presets, there are at least 10 different amps. I love how there is a ton of clarity without anoying overtones or frequencies that poke you in the face.

I've been 95% happy with my live tones, but there was just a certain something that kept me searching for that jump to fully "professional" sound. Long story short I watched the video I'm linking here of Nick Mayers' presets and there was that "slight tweak" that I was searching for. I was very hesitant to spend the cash, but with 10% off for my first purchase I took the plunge. I am SOOOOOO glad I did! Between the 4 presets, there are at least 10 different amps. I love how there is a ton of clarity without anoying overtones or frequencies that poke you in the face.

They sound good. Any chance you can post a couple recordings comparing your own presets to these? Could be cool to hear!

@warlockII, I bought them too, but they're far too bassy for use with my Falcon. Are the Veritas guitars just that much brighter? What type of guitar and pups are you using?

Sounds good. I'll grab them at some point always interested to see how people dial in amps that I use and he is using quite a few that I do.

@warlockII, I bought them too, but they're far too bassy for use with my Falcon. Are the Veritas guitars just that much brighter? What type of guitar and pups are you using?
His pickups are supposed to have "single coil clarity"??? So far I've run my Majesty and Warlock through them. Both have Dimarzio Super Disortion in the bridge and Norton(not air) in the neck. The presets were phenomenal at practice last night. For your guitar, try raising the low cut to 100?

This sounds absolutely insane!

Sounds great. Hadn't heard of him or who he plays with so thanks for sharing.

EDIT yeah I do know Zach Williams tunes from past churches...just didn't recognize the name!

Was listening to these again. They sound very good in the video but I feel like everytime I try a preset with that strong, sustaining reverb or whatever it is, it never works out as well or as intended live. Idk, maybe I truly just don’t like strong chorus or reverb as much for when I’m actually playing with it loud and live. For listening purposes only it sounds so cool. Or I’m just doing it wrong haha

Was listening to these again. They sound very good in the video but I feel like everytime I try a preset with that strong, sustaining reverb or whatever it is, it never works out as well or as intended live. Idk, maybe I truly just don’t like strong chorus or reverb as much for when I’m actually playing with it loud and live. For listening purposes only it sounds so cool. Or I’m just doing it wrong haha
It's funny that you mention that...I didn't notice the reverb until I was at practice :( Solo'd it annoyed me, but fit the mix well. I'm going to cut back on the time though before the gig.

It's funny that you mention that...I didn't notice the reverb until I was at practice :( Solo'd it annoyed me, but fit the mix well. I'm going to cut back on the time though before the gig.
It could be the application of the tone as well. Most of my live playing is cover band so diverse sets of tunes. Mostly rock stuff.

I think that tone from the videos more fits the praise & worship or pop rock stuff very well

Back
Top Bottom