Nice words from Guthrie

Nice!

I happened to be at The G4 Experience last summer when Guthrie received the FX8. In fact, I've got a picture from the lobby of the Cambria Lodge with his FX8 sitting in the box after the delivery driver dropped it off.

He did not use during G4 as he had just received it and had no time to program it...

He really explained the AD/DA/AD/DA process in the best way I've ever heard it even in FAS marketing. That was awesome! On the other hand not everyone understands what it means. :)

There's something else that I almost posted here but didn't think was important. Rob Chapman (Andertons, Chapman guitars, Monkey Lord, Dorje etc) saw Guthrie's rig and mentioned he was really sold over to the FAS side and wants to get a rig just like that. Then he realized he just promoted a product Anderton's doesn't sell and they moved on. That happened in the Christmas stream.

It's actually weird that they mention the Axe-Fx quite frequently when describing other modelers and units.

Good to know. I'm a guthrie fan like allot of you probably are. Met him last year when he came to Scotland. Very nice guy. As a side note I also received a charvel guthrie birdseye signature model the other day. Very pleased with it. The man knows how to concept a guitar.

He really explained the AD/DA/AD/DA process in the best way I've ever heard it even in FAS marketing. That was awesome! On the other hand not everyone understands what it means. :)

There's something else that I almost posted here but didn't think was important. Rob Chapman (Andertons, Chapman guitars, Monkey Lord, Dorje etc) saw Guthrie's rig and mentioned he was really sold over to the FAS side and wants to get a rig just like that. Then he realized he just promoted a product Anderton's doesn't sell and they moved on. That happened in the Christmas stream.

It's actually weird that they mention the Axe-Fx quite frequently when describing other modelers and units.

I always thought of Rob as an extremely gifted salesman and business man above all else. Not that it's a bad thing. He deserves all his success. Yeah I mean personally it would be hard not to compare an amp sim to the axe fx, it has become the gold standard for tone in the digital world.

Interesting what he says about his baked maple neck on his guitar. Probably sounds familiar to us Les Paul guys except he is liking it.

I would actually say that this Charvel has slightly more of a strat quality, as opposed to his older Suhrs which had slightly more of a warmer and lower mids/les paul tone to them in my opinion. They are very very similar though. You can tell Guthrie told MFB at Charvel the same advice about pickups that he told Suhr. They baked maple feels great, and the fact the basswood is also baked, just puts the icing on the cake. It feels very solid. Ima put my picture up if I can find it

http://i.imgur.com/0FrhemZ.jpg

I would actually say that this Charvel has slightly more of a strat quality, as opposed to his older Suhrs which had slightly more of a warmer and lower mids/les paul tone to them in my opinion. They are very very similar though. You can tell Guthrie told MFB at Charvel the same advice about pickups that he told Suhr. They baked maple feels great, and the fact the basswood is also baked, just puts the icing on the cake. It feels very solid. Ima put my picture up if I can find it

http://i.imgur.com/0FrhemZ.jpg
Played the GG model at NAMM- best playing guitar I have ever played.

Played the GG model at NAMM- best playing guitar I have ever played.

I honestly haven't had much time to play it, but from what I've played, it is just an incredible experience. A;; GG models have always had the best feeling necks ever, even the cheaper Suhr Rasmus they made for a while.

I have never owned a guitar of this value before so I almost feel unworthy to play it lol. But Guthrie himself says guitars should be played, so I'll get it out whenever I can. One thing I should add is it is by far the best smelling guitar I've ever played lol. I shot an email off to Charvel today asking what oil they used to finish it with because if I ever re-finish it I want it to smell like that again lol.

I honestly haven't had much time to play it, but from what I've played, it is just an incredible experience. A;; GG models have always had the best feeling necks ever, even the cheaper Suhr Rasmus they made for a while.

I have never owned a guitar of this value before so I almost feel unworthy to play it lol. But Guthrie himself says guitars should be played, so I'll get it out whenever I can. One thing I should add is it is by far the best smelling guitar I've ever played lol. I shot an email off to Charvel today asking what oil they used to finish it with because if I ever re-finish it I want it to smell like that again lol.

I bought a new Charvel Fusion Deluxe (Rainbow Crackle! :cool:) back in the early '90s... and it smelled amazing! Let me know what you find out.

I have always wanted his exact specs, but seemingly hard to find. 24 fret strat necks are the way of the future. \m/

Nice interview. Interesting comment about using the Roland EV5's. I like my Fractal EV1 but do wish it was a little smaller. Got a good deal on it from a forum member but when I got it I was wow, this is huge, lol.

I bought a new Charvel Fusion Deluxe (Rainbow Crackle! :cool:) back in the early '90s... and it smelled amazing! Let me know what you find out.

Unfortunately in the reply I was told that the particular product they use is a trade secret. I was told it's a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish, which is a vague clue. I doubt I'll find out, although I could take it to a wood/furniture expert to see if they know anything.

It seems very reliable- I personally don't mind if a guitar gets a few dings and scuffs, it appears to be (and Guthrie's endorsement and the price reflect the idea that) it is built for beautiful aesthetic but ultimately reliability- all features are practical.

Back
Top Bottom