Nice Surprise with MFC 101 and attaching volume pedal

Jul

Inspired
Don't know if this is old hat but.... I was really happy to experience the additional benefit of my recently received MFC 101 by attaching my volume pedal. It adds another dimension to controlling volume in addition to the standard guitar vol knob for pickup output vs. the Axe FX output vs. amp/speaker output. Definitely helps a lot in finding that sweet spot remotely (without affecting the green / yellow / red output indicators that the guitar volume knob always does). Not sure why that is - but it sure is a welcome plus in addition to the MFC functionality of switching various effects and settings remotely on the Axe FX.

I use a Yamaha FC7 pedal plugged in to one of the expression pedal inputs on the MFC....and thereafter tend to not touch my guitar volume knob after initially setting. Volume increases / decreases for playing with the band are then made using the pedal.

I use a Yamaha FC7 pedal plugged in to one of the expression pedal inputs on the MFC....and thereafter tend to not touch my guitar volume knob after initially setting. Volume increases / decreases for playing with the band are then made using the pedal.

I plan on doing almost the same thing when I get my MFC MkIII next month. But, you may want to revise your gtr. vol. strategy slightly. :)

I like to set my guitar volume at 2-3 and drive the amps a little harder for headroom.

But, some times I'll push the guitar vol up to 7-10 (rather than stomp on a fuzz box) for that additional breakup for solos.

Back
Top Bottom